Eight Bag versus New Eight - What's the difference?

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
This seem a frequent question. For reference, this thread will outline the differences.

I have some pictures of the New Eight. Black patent from NM, the rest from Melora...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• neweightmediablkpat.jpg
    neweightmediablkpat.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,093
Last edited:
Great, thank you, and that is for the Classic Eight, as described in that auction.

Do you have any idea what is different in the New Eight?

[FONT=&quot] I think the shape is quite different.
I’ve found some other pictures with the classic Eight bag in full leather. There the leather really looks much stiffer than on my New Eight bag. But the eight studs are the same.
[/FONT]

You might want to PM Melora, she is the expert on this style, or even LT Baglady. Please post their answer here if you do. Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I fear I can hardly be a help for your question. Although I believe your bag is the classic "Eight Bag", I'm not able to say it for sure. In March 2009 I fell in love at first sight only by a photo with this "New Eight Bag" I finally found in February this year. And I am still grateful to fPF-member kbalag who informed me that my bag is the New Eight style. It is she who knows the "Eight Bag".

tPF-member UKDeb owns a classic "Eight Bag" in tan leather. Look her thread . Maybe she or kbalag is the right person to answer your question. Also tPF-member Juilletdix mentioned here she knows the "original Eight Bag".

You see, there are at least three experts for the style of the "Eight Bag" in this subforum. They are the right members to answer your question with certainty. Sorry, that I cannot be more helpful.