Travel egypt??????

I've never been there myself but one of my best friends is Egyptian and goes twice a year so although the summer is (in my opinion) a good time to travel, it's just too hot there if that bothers you. October-April is good heat wise there but I think it's more expensive then. That's all I know about it! lol

What would you like to do? If you want to go to see Piramids winter is the best season. If you want to go to Sinai and have a holiday at the seaside the best period is the beginning of October.
Avoid summer because it's really too hot for every activity there!

As everyone else has mentioned try to avoid the summer months, Egypt gets really hot and with the pollution in Cairo it can be quite unbearable. Also if you are going to see the pyramids its more enjoyable imo if the weather is cooler. However, As Alice from Italy has said if you want to lay by the beach the hotter months might be better.

We did an 18-day tour of Egypt & Israel during the Spring of '98 and loved it! We toured with Trafalgar travel. Our tour included a 3-day cruise down the Nile River and an optional tour package to Abu-Simbel to see the temples with the 40 ft. statues of Ramses II. Our tour group visited the great Pyramids, Valley of the Kings, and the anciet ruins of Luxor/Karnak during the early morning hours in order to avoid the heat during the latter part of the day. My parents and I would definitely love to revisit Egypt in the near future.

Last edited:
When is the best time to go to Egypt as a tourist:graucho:? any ideas on travel agencies? group travel to visit Egypt?
Please feel free to give any info...
Thank you!!!!
I think fall (October-mid November) would be best (or most bearable), but people live there year round, so whenever you can get the time off would be the BEST!
I have Egyptian friends & they always went in summer & winter break, but that was b/c of school holidays.
I have a friend who is a bit of a traveler & didn't want to go to Egypt alone so she went with Intrepid Travel ( http://www.intrepidtravel.com/trips/EKI ) and chose the comfort level since the basix scared her (apparently they camp).
She liked it okay.
A guy I know when for a work training, and he had a good time, but his work put him up somewhere super nice & he had corporate contacts to show him around

When I went to Egypt it was around April and did a tour on our own. We went to Cairo and visited the ff:
The Pyramids
The Sphinx of Gizah
and the Nile River

We didn't actually go around we just wanted to see the Pyramids and thats it. Try going to the pyramids by riding a horse or camel for a experience.

I went to Cairo last year in January and the weather was good. You can book a personal guide (with transport) to take you to the piramids and other attractions.. we booked ours through the hotel. The trip was a success but I really struggled with the food :sad:

The food is fabulous! Be sure to try "maloukia" at a restaurant during your stay... yum...

The only thing I would watch out for is the water.. drink bottled only (use bottled to brush your teeth, etc). One of the people in our tour group drank a soda with ice in it and got pretty sick for a few days...

I really recommend going to Port Said if you go to Egypt. It has the most amazing weather/beaches during the summer and really fresh seafood.

I've always liked Arabic cuisine... authentic Egyptian food is mostly rice, grilled meat, seafood, etc.. It's delicious!

The only thing bad is that Egypt is the pollution. Big cities like Cairo are especially polluted.