Eggs

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

How do you eat your eggs?

1. I eat the whole egg

2. Whites only

3. Yolk of 1 or 2 eggs but mostly the whites

4. Don’t eat egg at all

5. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. How do you eat them?

Lately I've been wondering if I should cut down on the yolks...

2. I usually do 3 whites + 1/2 egg yolk for my omelets.

Interestingly, I just walked in the door from attending a seminar by an exerise physiologist/nutritionist and she suggested 2 eggs + 2 whites, which is more yolk than I typically use. Maybe because I grew up in a household that demonized egg yolks. LOL.

I wonder how many times a week she would suggest having that, though. I'd be fine eating my version 7 days a week, as it's only 3.5 yolks a week. I would think that 14 yolks a week would be too much.

3. I eat egg beaters ("fake eggs") or egg whites b/c of cholesterol issues.

4. You know what I struggle with? The feeling of wasting food. Throwing away yolks. I know it's silly...

5. You could save them to make something horrifically bad for you. I used to think I'd save them to make a creme brulee or something requiring a crap ton of yolks. Then I realized I'd never eat it.

ETA: To get over that feeling, you could buy eggs AND egg beaters. Use the egg, add extra egg beaters for the whites.

6. I usually eat the whole egg..and then will mix it up with egg substitute other times..just depends on what I'm making:smile:

7. lol!!

8. Do egg beaters taste OK? I've never tried them.

9. Here's something interesting...I think it does work:

Women on a low-calorie diet who ate an egg with toast and jelly each morning lost twice as many pounds as those who had a bagel breakfast with the same number of calories but no eggs, a study from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge reports.

10. Depends on how the egg is cooked: hard boiled I tend to eat the whites only, sunny side up also whites only, but if scrambled I'll eat all of it.

11. Wow

12. I think the protein in the egg keeps you feeling fuller longer.

13. I think they taste just like scrambled eggs. My bf is really picky when it comes to eat my "health" food and even he can't taste the difference.

14. Thanks. I think I will pick some up this week and try them.

15. ^ Yeah, dbf claims he doesn't like egg beaters but I just make them for him anyway and he can't tell the difference... sssshhhh:sneaky: