Eggplant City!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say there's a 99.999999% chance that the "A-list celebrity" is just a marketing ploy. A-list celebrities do not sell their clothes! They box 'em up, donate them and take the tax deduction! At least they do here in the US...and elsewhere they no doubt donate them to charity fund-raisers, etc.

So I think he's just trying to create crazy buzz to boost bidding.

Hi Ladies,

I am not sure if anyone wants this bag...but the seller contacted me with a bid it now price. I am not sure why...I'm not highest bidder, but if anyone wants it....I can send them the email...so they can respond to him maybe? I am not sure if I'm the only bidder he contacted but I found it a little strange to be honest and at this moment his offer to purchase price is a little more then I want to spend. I really hope someone from this forum gets the purse since you all seem to be such fans....please private message me if you want me to send the email to you.

Hi Ladies,

I am not sure if anyone wants this bag...but the seller contacted me with a bid it now price. I am not sure why...I'm not highest bidder, but if anyone wants it....I can send them the email...so they can respond to him maybe? I am not sure if I'm the only bidder he contacted but I found it a little strange to be honest and at this moment his offer to purchase price is a little more then I want to spend. I really hope someone from this forum gets the purse since you all seem to be such fans....please private message me if you want me to send the email to you.
Now that is very strange and makes me suspicious plus I wonder if his shill bid is the highest bid and he's getting worried. :P

Hi Ladies,

Did you confirm that the message was really sent by the seller? There are many scams going on lately :s

How can I check to confirm that it was him? I responded back saying the price was a little to high for me....what makes me particularly suspicious is that I bid very very low right in the begining and haven't bid since. Is it against ebay policy to post his e-mail becausee if it's not I'll post it...:confused1:

Maybe Tori Spelling got a new seller to list her things or is Ebaying the stuff that didn't sell at her garage sale. lol. There are several celebs that sell their items through consignment so it's not out of the ordinary. Not all of them donate. It could be a story but not an outrageous claim. Personally, it wouldn't boost a price with me whether a celeb owned it or not unless it was carried by George Clooney, which I doubt there's a chance of that.

Hi Ladies,

What was the price the seller gave you?

LOL :P

Actually, I'd pay pretty much anything for a BBag carried by Johnny Depp!!!!

HAHA...I'd be heartbroken if he carried a bbag unless it was a male version. :P

Right now it's at almost 1600 US. What was the price quoted to end the auction? Bidder 4 is questionable but the bidders beyond that seems legit according to their feedback and how many items they're bidding on.

How can I check to confirm that it was him?

Log into your MyEbay. If it's a legit message it will be in your message box and make sure the ID of the person that sent you that message is that seller's ID.

Also, did you say that he offered it to you for around $1200? Because it's around $1600 USD right now. :huh:

No it was much less...it was only 600GBP....that doesn't convert to 1600....It makes me definately suspect something strange...and it was from the actual purchaser......I checked my ebay.....isn't that sort of suspicious?

Status
Not open for further replies.