Eggplant City!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this may need to be corrected. Maybe some of the other girls here will know the answer. A friend of mine said that I am incorrect on this one thing. She said that:

The highest bid on ebay is 500. Let's say you have a 700. snipe and someone else has a 900. snipe. The bidder with the 900. snipe will win the item for about 510.00. and that esnipe only uses the snipe with the highest bid. I'm not sure on this, burt maybe someone else knows for sure. I will put it to the test sometime by having a friend try a snipe a little higher than mine and see if it shows that we both bid on it.

No, that's not true. Both Snipes will go in. The only way your Snipe won't go in is if, say, you have a $700 Snipe set to go in with 5 seconds to go, but the bidding at that point is higher than your Snipe.

Here's a good example. I collect Art Deco watches and this one went crazy in the last 10 seconds. These were all snipes and three went in at the same time:

eBay.com Item Bid History

Oohhh... so this is that mysterious "A list celeb" auctions! :graucho: I just saw his auctions last night and it got me all curious. I like a few of the mystery star's clothing. :love:

That eggplant is going wild!

Most of the clothes listed by this seller look to be around size 4ish/small...VB is DEFINITELY smaller than that. She's absolutely TINY. I doubt these are hers...but, you never know!!!

I don't think they're hers. I read an article saying a size 00 was too big for her. And IF those VB R&R jeans are authentic (I'm trying to find out if they are, cause I can't tell from those pics), a 27 couldn't fit her. She prolly wears 23 in those...

Plus, has anyone ever seen VB with a Balenciaga bag? Because I don't think I have... Just wondering.

It seems obvious to me that there is shill bidding going on.

The price is increasing with such a regularity! I have never seen an auction going on like that without having obvious shill bidding.

I don't even like the question offering a bin for 1200, and him saying it's a lot but no thanks I want to behave honestly. I feel like if this was a fake question. Everything seems so calculated!

And this is not counting that he hasn't provided a decent picture showing how much handles are darkened, and I have been asking for it several times.
Nope.

I changed my mind, I don't like what is going on and I am definetly not bidding on this one, no matter how much I like the bag.

Has anyone determined whether this bag is authentic? Or is assumption that it is authentic because he has other nice items?
The spy bag he has up is authentic and the City looks authentic as well. I'd say it's all legit, although, I am starting to question his story about an "A-list celebrity." Maybe he's claiming this (which is totally unprovable) to jack up the price of the auctions and generate unnecessary interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.