Eggplant City!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling there is a lot of shill bidding going on. Remember that one brand new eggplant city that wouldnt sell for a while?

And is it me, or is there darkening on the handles?

That's absolutely pathetic if there is shill bidding. I'm not saying there is but why would the seller do that? He knows there is lots of interest on the bag already so there is no point to doing that and if he is it is just sooooooo WRONG!

I think the more interest, the more likely a seller will result to shill bidding. That's one reason I like to use esnipe. Once the seller sees you and lots of others want it, and that a lot of people are watching it, they are more likely to shill bid it up. I see it all the time on ebay. It's actually a pretty commom practice even though it is reason for losing your ebay account, they get away with it. Ebay can't stop the counterfeit listings I doubt they can catch shill bidders very often. They don't have to make up new accounts, they can have family, friends whoever do it for them. It's not right and that's why esnipe is a good idea.
Sometimes I will put a bid on it, just to test the waters, but if I suspect shill bidding, I use esnipe and if I win ok it I don't ok. The more bids you place on an item, the more the other people who are bidding want to bid higher than you, then the seller gets tempted, they jump in with shill bids and the price is driven way up. That's my opinion. :yes:

i think bidder 1 and bidder 4 are shill bidding, i mean who would drive up the price like that and waste his/her money?

the handles from the inside do look a bit darker than the rest of the bag

I have a feeling there is a lot of shill bidding going on. Remember that one brand new eggplant city that wouldnt sell for a while?

And is it me, or is there darkening on the handles?

and when someone offerred 1200, why would a seller respond by saying "that's a lot of money! i think you will win the auction for less than that! "
The only reason I can come up with is that he knows it would go for FAR MORE THAN that , perhaps he's shill bidding. If he thought that he would not get more than 1200, then he would've taken up the BIN offer.

I think the more interest, the more likely a seller will result to shill bidding. That's one reason I like to use esnipe. Once the seller sees you and lots of others want it, and that a lot of people are watching it, they are more likely to shill bid it up. I see it all the time on ebay. It's actually a pretty commom practice even though it is reason for losing your ebay account, they get away with it. Ebay can't stop the counterfeit listings I doubt they can catch shill bidders very often. They don't have to make up new accounts, they can have family, friends whoever do it for them. It's not right and that's why esnipe is a good idea.
Sometimes I will put a bid on it, just to test the waters, but if I suspect shill bidding, I use esnipe and if I win ok it I don't ok. The more bids you place on an item, the more the other people who are bidding want to bid higher than you, then the seller gets tempted, they jump in with shill bids and the price is driven way up. That's my opinion. :yes:

Powder~ can you report shill bidding to ebay?

yup, you can report shill bidding. I've done it before against 1 seller, it was a obvious case of shill bidding cos the "buyer" will auction the item again within a few days or so, and the "buyer" and seller leaves each other raving feedback, and this happened for like 10 items or so. Why I say it's shill bidding? cos the "buyer" will retake pics of the item for the auction, in a different background, but she forgot to take off her spectacular diamond ring. :graucho: But get this. Ebay will only compare the address that the seller and buyer registers with, so as long as you find someone to set up an account for you with a different address, you'll get away with shill bidding. :yucky:

Status
Not open for further replies.