egads, signature stripe satchel!

J. Fisk

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
I went to Nordstroms to return some birthday presents, knowing that I wanted to buy the signature stripe satchel in black/ white. I returned the gifts and went to the handbag department. I was with my brother who looks way younger than he is, and I look young, so the sales associate was coming toward us as i was looking at the signature stripe items that were out. The satchel was out but only in mahogany and camel. Well, to her surprise, I approached her first before she asked "Can I help you?" in the condescending way they do to us youngsters. I asked if what was out was all they had and she said yes, basically but that she would check if they had what I wanted. So she took the camel satchel to the computer to put in the item number, I guess, and said that it was only available in black/ white in a Nordstroms in California and that they only had one. She said even if only one Nordstroms only had one of the bags, it would still show up online. She was going to order it for me, I wouldn't have been charged shipping. But then she said that something else was showing up on the computer now, so she went to the back to check.

And she came out with my new love! I was so happy, even my brother was happy for me. Here it is!

DSCN7367.jpg

The K charm was a birthday present too; the lips were a gift from a while ago. If/ when I get the sig stripe tote in black/ gunmetal the lips will go on that assuming I still won't have a skull for it (ha as if I'll ever get a hold of the skull).

I've wanted this satchel since it came out a year ago or whenever but I didn't want it in khaki. The drilldown picture of it last year showed up in brown/ bronze but I've never seen that in real life let alone a picture of the real bag. I'm so glad I waited because this is a color I love, and this has feet, and this has the rings on the handles so they fold down nicely, and the zipper is longer so I'd imagine it's easier to get into than the old satchel. The front pocket is perfect to put my keys in or for my list when I go shopping because I always write things down on 3x5 cards.

I love that it's a structured bag but still sags a little. I think the sagging is necessary so a purse doesn't look like it's had too much botox (think: Janice Dickinson). It fits on my shoulder perfectly, but I can wear pouches on my shoulder too....

DSCN7377.jpg
DSCN7382.jpg

It fits a ton! I could easily fit my planner, a book, and a water bottle in here, too.

DSCN7369.jpg

What's in there now is:
glasses
D&G sunglasses with soft case
Tide to Go
lipgloss
coin purse with motrin and midol, etc.
camera case for Nikon Coolpix S9
brush
mirror
Trident Tropical Twist gum
inhaler (with Hello Kitty sticker!:heart:)
Purell
Tic-Tacs chill
Wristlet with: Listerine strips, Carmex, hair clips, Burt's Bees Radiance Lip Shimmer, softlips
keys
pens
Razr with Tamagotchi charms
Mini Skinny as a wallet
iPod classic with headphones

And the collection thus far...

DSCN7371.jpg

signature stripe wristlet in brown/ bronze
signature stripe pouch in khaki/ mahogany
signature stripe satchel in black/ white
signature stripe wristlet in black/ gunmetal
signature stripe mini skinny in black/ gunmetal
signature stripe swingpack in black/ gunmetal
hampton's weekend demi satchel in black
and of course the K charm and lips charm

:heart:

Your satchel looks gorgeous on you and I am surprised how much it holds.
You have a nice collection. I love all those black pieces.
Enjoy your satchel and happy birthday. :Partyhat:

That bag looks great on you and have a great birthday. BTW, your botox comment had me cracking up w/ laughter. Thanks. I totally agree a bag shouldn't have too much. It needs a little slouch/sagging.

Thanks everybody! And thanks for the birthday wishes!! :greengrin:

LipGlossQueen: haha glad to make you laugh, and I'm glad that I'm not the only one that likes a little sagging every once in a while.:P

karester: my lipgloss is Loreal Infallible in bloom; I love the applicator, too. :heart: http://www.lorealparis.ca/en/cosmetics/index_lipgloss.asp

wendie: haha at least you have the tote! I don't know why I didn't just go for it before. The skull will look so amazing on it though; totally worth the wait. :tup:

hey..i was contemplating on that same satchel/color for days now!! u sort of enabled me to get one! :P

Get this bag!! I should post more pictures for you! haha

CaptainPicard: eek I love black signature! I bought the pouch in khaki and knew I needed no more.

I love the signature stripe line so much, and I'm so glad the stripe isn't at the top anymore again. I wonder how long the patent stripe will last -- no metallics this way (...I'm obsessed with the gunmetal stripe, basically).