Effie Tote - sale buy

Princess_lydz

Jul 17, 2008
So I was going to do an excited reveal post but instead I'm a bit disappointed.
My Effie tote has arrived very creased. I know it's a very soft spongy leather but if its this creased on day one its going to look worn very quickly.
It was packed very carefully and stuffed full. The back, annoyingly, is perfect.
The top pic is bag as it came fully stuffed and second pic is what I would be carrying in it.
What do you girls think? Am I just being fussy or wouldn't you like this either? Maybe this style is a bit too soft for me ??

Attachments

• mulb2.JPG
    mulb2.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 384
  • mulb1.jpg
    mulb1.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 388
The creases would fall out eventually I think, but I'd definitely send it back and ask for another if I were you. It's been stored badly and shouldn't look like that. And no, you're not being too fussy :smile:
This is why I don't like ordering online during the sales - I've previously received a del rey with wonky handles, and a badly creased and scratched primrose - they both went straight back :annoyed:

The creases would fall out eventually I think, but I'd definitely send it back and ask for another if I were you. It's been stored badly and shouldn't look like that. And no, you're not being too fussy :smile:
This is why I don't like ordering online during the sales - I've previously received a del rey with wonky handles, and a badly creased and scratched primrose - they both went straight back :annoyed:

Wonky handles?! Wow! I just assumed that even in the sale its still a premium brand and the standards would be as high as normal. Is it best to ring or email Mulberry?

I think this is quite common for this leather type. I have had two effie satchels one regular and a small one. Although they were fine when purchased, eventually the crease line appeared towards the bottom of the bag. I think it's inevitable. I don't think you are being fussy so I would send it back, but just keep in mind that this will prob happen sooner rather than later anyway.

So I was going to do an excited reveal post but instead I'm a bit disappointed.
My Effie tote has arrived very creased. I know it's a very soft spongy leather but if its this creased on day one its going to look worn very quickly.
It was packed very carefully and stuffed full. The back, annoyingly, is perfect.
The top pic is bag as it came fully stuffed and second pic is what I would be carrying in it.
What do you girls think? Am I just being fussy or wouldn't you like this either? Maybe this style is a bit too soft for me ??
It is the leather. Like you I wouldn't be happy with it though. I ordered the pink effie satchel when it first came out and was disappointed as it was just too soft. Decided then to stick with daria. See if you can get a replacement or look for another style.

It is the leather. Like you I wouldn't be happy with it though. I ordered the pink effie satchel when it first came out and was disappointed as it was just too soft. Decided then to stick with daria. See if you can get a replacement or look for another style.
Yeah I've had a long think and I just don't think it's the bag for me. Need something a bit more structured. Back to the drawing board looking for a work tote. :smile:

Yeah I've had a long think and I just don't think it's the bag for me. Need something a bit more structured. Back to the drawing board looking for a work tote. :smile:
Have you had a look at the maple? It's about the same price in the sale and I think it's a lovely bag. It's a bit more structured than the effie.

Im back to moan again! I returned bag for refund, Mulberry have received the bag last week and said sent refund - but still no sign of it coming off my card. Rang my bank today and they say there is no credit pending to that card. Do Mulberry refunds take ages or do refunds take longer on sale items?

Hi Princess_lydz - I'd contact Mulberry again.....I think refunds can take a few days to be credited back after being actioned but it's a concern that your bank have no knowledge about it!