Effie Satchel or Tessie Hobbo?

Fifitrix

Aug 17, 2012
Help me to decide... It will be in Oak as I'm looking for something a bit 'smarter' than my Oak Bayswater.

I have been held on my Platform for 4 days now due to weather...That's a whole 25 days offshore and I feel I most definitely deserve a treat.

Your opinions?

NY2005

May 11, 2014
Morning fifi, you def deserve a treat. I have got an effie in the small and regular size, I like that the bag is lightweight and the leather hard wearing and I like the access of the flap to open it. My only gripe with it is that the long strap is not adjustable. I find it a little bit too short to wear crossbody. I dont have a hobo but I do like the fact you can put it over your shoulder as Im not a big fan of a hand carry !! Hope you get away soon and please show us what you buy :smile:

Fifitrix

Aug 17, 2012
Thanks for your reply. My partner has threatened to tell my mother if I buy another bag. Mother is horrified anyone would spend that money on a bag and at the age of 43 I'm still scared of her!

If they did the Cara in oak I'd have that but I've always fancied the Effie.

NY2005

May 11, 2014
Im 43 too and I would never tell my parents either. j have been married ten years so my husband has got 'used' to my expensive habit!!! Go and have a try of them and see what you think

Ukpandagirl

Jul 16, 2013
Suffolk/Norfolk border, UK
Help me to decide... It will be in Oak as I'm looking for something a bit 'smarter' than my Oak Bayswater.

I have been held on my Platform for 4 days now due to weather...That's a whole 25 days offshore and I feel I most definitely deserve a treat.

Your opinions?
I'm sure there's a feather friends bays on eBay right now. And there's a pouch pn NPN if you're interested x

Fifitrix

Aug 17, 2012
I'm sure there's a feather friends bays on eBay right now. And there's a pouch pn NPN if you're interested x
I've seen it. If it's the same one it's been up for sale for ages. She's asking for too much money. Thanks anyway. :smile:

Teegan

Sep 1, 2014
Edinburgh
Haha, that made me laugh about your mum. Mine thinks it's silly too, told me I was daft. I don't have an Effie, although i'd certainly like one. I did recently buy the Tessie hobo though.

It fits nicely over my shoulder as opposed to the bays, which is always falling off. Does the Effie have a zip or is it just a flap? I like the hardware on the Tessie - subtle. The closure isn't very secure though. Hmph, they're both lovely so you can't go wrong. :smile:

s_kat

Apr 14, 2013
UK
I'd go for the Tessie if you want a less casual bag... the leather looks more luxurious. Obviously slouchy though in the hobo version.

s_kat

Apr 14, 2013
UK
Forgot to say - sounds like you definitely deserve a treat if you have been offshore for so long and delayed getting back!

mills

O.G.
Feb 14, 2010
Australia
I'm loving the look of the tessie hobo, these been a reveal here recently, it's just gorgeous so I'd vote for tessie

Izzybet

Dec 15, 2013
I would go for the Tessie hobo in oxblood. That bag looks really rather yummy and is on my wish list :smile: