Effie Appreciation Club - join us, won't you?

Okay Slow! I will try to post a pic here tomorrow. Just been spraying her and buffing her up! God she's versatile! Looks good on her own strap, Mitzy messenger strap and the spare Brooke chain strap I have! She oushone all the other bags at CO today!!

MG - imho she is a very under- rated bag . Isn't she comfortable and well balanced on the shoulder ?

Very comfortable and well balanced. Easily accessible, holds loads, stuff don't fall out due to high sides, and retains her shape. After all these years of use she still retains her shape and sits up and her strap rests nonchantly above her.

A very overlooked style, which I would have continued to overlook had a lovely TPFer not introduced it to me!

Hello ladies,

My mum has asked me to sell her Effie which she got as a present and never used. Don't know why she never got on with it - I've been hinting that I'd love to take it myself, but she's asked me to sell it on ebay for her. And being skint at the mo means I have to deal with it not ever being mine :sad:

I don't know much about the worth of it and came across this thread. I figured you guys could help me with what price to expect to get for it on ebay. Should I start low or high or put it on Buy It Now?

It's in Oak Darwin leather, bought from Selfridges and is unused. Any help on how to proceed with it on ebay is very welcome.

Hi

I have a brand new Effie I have never used, it was bought on ebay with a receipt a few years ago. It seems quite stiff is this comon with new Effies? How long does it take for them to soften. Also the interior is quite smooth on the flap rather than suede like, do the interiors vary from bag to bag?

Thanks Beachlover.