Effective April 2021: NO Phone Orders to DE, OR, MT, NH, AK

lovemimime

Sep 18, 2016
As many of you have probably seen discussed in FB groups, Chanel has restricted phone orders and shipping of bags to these non-sales taxed states:
DE, OR, MT, NH, AK

This has been confirmed by several of my standalone boutique SA, and Saks. My NM SA has told me if I can provide proof of residence (my driver's license etc.) they will allow it. I suspect that it's possible Chanel may begin enforcing this restriction everywhere, and NM could completely be out of the picture soon, too.

Another SA has told me her co-workers are equally distraught & frustrated by this decision from corporate. According to her, there are several unconfirmed options (such has verifying ID & other workarounds that would be considered for exceptions) that are up in the air and it is possible that the restrictions may be changed/loosened as time goes on.

To clarify, if you purchase in-person at a boutique, they will ship your item to you as long as you can verify your shipping/billing/home address are the same. But this COMPLETELY cuts out those of us who live nowhere near a boutique from purchasing from our wonderful SA's.

As info, previously many of the same SA I buy from had warned me Chanel will no longer be allowing reserves & sales will be made on a first-come-first-serve basis. At the time, I asked how would I have a shot to purchase if I am a remote customer... Knowing what we know now, seems like Chanel is rolling out these rules to crack down on the resellers, slowly.

TLDR: Chanel isn't allowing clients living in the listed non-sales taxed states to place phone orders as a measure to crack down on resellers/scammers. Posting here because I live in one of the aforementioned states & am beyond upset and frustrated :doh::sad: I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening to my TEDtalk lol:confused1::huh:

As many of you have probably seen discussed in FB groups, Chanel has restricted phone orders and shipping of bags to these non-sales taxed states:
DE, OR, MT, NH, AK

This has been confirmed by several of my standalone boutique SA, and Saks. My NM SA has told me if I can provide proof of residence (my driver's license etc.) they will allow it. I suspect that it's possible Chanel may begin enforcing this restriction everywhere, and NM could completely be out of the picture soon, too.

Another SA has told me her co-workers are equally distraught & frustrated by this decision from corporate. According to her, there are several unconfirmed options (such has verifying ID & other workarounds that would be considered for exceptions) that are up in the air and it is possible that the restrictions may be changed/loosened as time goes on.

To clarify, if you purchase in-person at a boutique, they will ship your item to you as long as you can verify your shipping/billing/home address are the same. But this COMPLETELY cuts out those of us who live nowhere near a boutique from purchasing from our wonderful SA's.

As info, previously many of the same SA I buy from had warned me Chanel will no longer be allowing reserves & sales will be made on a first-come-first-serve basis. At the time, I asked how would I have a shot to purchase if I am a remote customer... Knowing what we know now, seems like Chanel is rolling out these rules to crack down on the resellers, slowly.

TLDR: Chanel isn't allowing clients living in the listed non-sales taxed states to place phone orders as a measure to crack down on resellers/scammers. Posting here because I live in one of the aforementioned states & am beyond upset and frustrated :doh::sad: I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening to my TEDtalk lol:confused1::huh:

thanks for sharing. It’s awful that the policy puts you in a position where you may not be able to do phone orders:sad:

hopefully there’s an exception process at the boutiques and department stores so that you can still order through phone. It’s really sad that regular customers are being negatively impacted by these resellers. I wish we could just report those individuals so that our fellow Chanel lovers aren’t hurt by these new policies :heart: I hope they lift these rules once the reseller problem goes away.

personal opinion - Chanel should allow residents of these states to purchase remotely if you can provide ID that you live in that state. I want to believe that details may follow to this rule at later date.
They are restricting number bags per months, etc but IG is still blasting with hard to buy bags from 21S which are impossible to purchase from the stores for us....
21s light pink or minis with top handle are great examples. I personally refuse to buy from personal shoppers....
Hopefully it will work out for you.

DE, OR, MT, NH, AK

Do you know if this policy just become effective this week or did it start on 4-1?

I live in Oregon. We have one Chanel boutique at Nordstrom that is frequented by non-Oregonians to avoid tax so I have purchased a lot of my items from Neiman Marcus and have an established relationship with an SA. I hope she can still sell to me!

Reactions: cjj
When i visit Portland and go to that Nordstrom, there is never much stock.

That Chanel is NOT a Chanel leased location aka it is Nordstrom owned and Nordstrom buyers basically just buy whatever is leftover after the Chanel boutiques get their stock... so I wouldn’t consider it a legitimate boutique at all :sad: They very rarely have the popular items and seem to have a lot of past seasons collections....