Effective April 2021: NO Phone Orders to DE, OR, MT, NH, AK

I talked to my sa today about this issue, she said she’s working on it.

Let’s see what happens next time I try to make a purchase:sad:

So my handbag arrived this weekend and since I live in a NST state my advisor had issue processing it right away.

She finally got approval today and my purchase went through.

I have been shopping with her since 2017 in the same boutique very regularly. I had to virtually meet the store director and show her my DL but it wasn’t very complicated. I think if you have a long history with the same boutique and advisor they should be able to help you.

GL to all the real residents of NST states!

Reactions: lovemimime
So my handbag arrived this weekend and since I live in a NST state my advisor had issue processing it right away.

She finally got approval today and my purchase went through.

I have been shopping with her since 2017 in the same boutique very regularly. I had to virtually meet the store director and show her my DL but it wasn’t very complicated. I think if you have a long history with the same boutique and advisor they should be able to help you.

GL to all the real residents of NST states!

This is so great to hear, congrats on your new bag!!:heart:

I also just FaceTimed with my SA and her director to show her my DL... I’m waiting to hear back on details as to how we will proceed with ordering in the future. I had a few items on reserve so that is what they’re making the exception on for now.

Reactions: Zixi1000

I also just FaceTimed with my SA and her director to show her my DL... I’m waiting to hear back on details as to how we will proceed with ordering in the future. I had a few items on reserve so that is what they’re making the exception on for now.

I think you will be fine! They have to figure out a way to let people from NST state purchase remotely, especially during this COVID time.

Hope you will get your reserved items soon!

Reactions: lovemimime
As many of you have probably seen discussed in FB groups, Chanel has restricted phone orders and shipping of bags to these non-sales taxed states:
DE, OR, MT, NH, AK

This has been confirmed by several of my standalone boutique SA, and Saks. My NM SA has told me if I can provide proof of residence (my driver's license etc.) they will allow it. I suspect that it's possible Chanel may begin enforcing this restriction everywhere, and NM could completely be out of the picture soon, too.

Another SA has told me her co-workers are equally distraught & frustrated by this decision from corporate. According to her, there are several unconfirmed options (such has verifying ID & other workarounds that would be considered for exceptions) that are up in the air and it is possible that the restrictions may be changed/loosened as time goes on.

To clarify, if you purchase in-person at a boutique, they will ship your item to you as long as you can verify your shipping/billing/home address are the same. But this COMPLETELY cuts out those of us who live nowhere near a boutique from purchasing from our wonderful SA's.

As info, previously many of the same SA I buy from had warned me Chanel will no longer be allowing reserves & sales will be made on a first-come-first-serve basis. At the time, I asked how would I have a shot to purchase if I am a remote customer... Knowing what we know now, seems like Chanel is rolling out these rules to crack down on the resellers, slowly.

TLDR: Chanel isn't allowing clients living in the listed non-sales taxed states to place phone orders as a measure to crack down on resellers/scammers. Posting here because I live in one of the aforementioned states & am beyond upset and frustrated :doh::sad: I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening to my TEDtalk lol:confused1::huh:

I am in one of these states and am so heartbroken over this! I found out today from my Chanel Advisor in BH.
I basically broke down because this is life changing for me (sounds like it is for you, too).

Ordering Chanel via phone is normal for me. I never sell my items (even if I stop using them, they no longer work for me, etc). I’ve been extremely loyal to the house so this has shaken me up.

I’ve never liked resellers and this just irritates me even more. They’ve ruined it for all of us in these states .

I did ask Chanel if I can provide them with any necessary information to ship to me (DL, passport, new mail that proves my billing and shipping are still accurate with my forms of ID, etc), but they said no .

Oh my goodness - how lucky they did that for you! I had a reserve item (not a bag or clothing item) but they will not ship it to my state anymore . I did inquire about showing proof of my location but they said no.

Oh my goodness - how lucky they did that for you! I had a reserve item (not a bag or clothing item) but they will not ship it to my state anymore . I did inquire about showing proof of my location but they said no.
Sorry to hear that. Can you connect with other SAs and see if the boutique or dept stores can send to your states in the future? I’ve inquired one of my SAs not long ago and his location is still sending to these tax-free states. Maybe some boutiques are more lenient than others? Good luck!

Sorry to hear that. Can you connect with other SAs and see if the boutique or dept stores can send to your states in the future? I’ve inquired one of my SAs not long ago and his location is still sending to these tax-free states. Maybe some boutiques are more lenient than others? Good luck!
So great to know that there are still locations shipping to these states (hoping resellers are not able to purchase from them!)
I am waiting to hear back from another Chanel SA from a different boutique than the one who informed me of the policy change today. *fingers crossed* and thank you ☺

She shouldn't be even allowed to hang out at the store and take pictures there. It's weird that she like considers the store's inventory as hers. She posts these items on IG and then people reply, she basically just piles on the price or takes the difference in taxes. Her using these items like they're hers when she hasn't paid for them and acting like she's an employee of Chanel when she's not is somewhat fraudulent. Chanel might have a case against people like her and that SA.

Definitely, the SA that works there is an enabler. The bag limits are not already being followed as per company policy. Forget the taxes but just the policy alone, that SA should be fired and that seller should be banned or even sued by Chanel.

Wow!!! I have no idea who this person is on IG, but that certainly is somewhat fraudulent!!! I have lived in Oregon my entire life and now have to deal with the repercussions because of actions like hers :sad: