Eer use your bags to 'pay' for things?

LT bag lady

MASTER ENABLER
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
My GF had a crib she wanted to sell, she fell in love with one of my bags (that I rarely wore), my sister was pregnant... I traded the bag for crib and gave it to my sister.

Another GF adopted my 16 yr old Yorkie (my dd is allergic to dogs and we go to Ireland many times a yr, they quarentine for 6 mos), she has spoiled my little guy with parties (sweet 16), raingear, outerwear, and has had every blood test done (she is paranoid, he's fine), she has him on an organic raw diet (very expensive). She refuses to take a dime from us! Last time we had dinner with them, she fell in love with my bag, where did you get it?, How much, oh no, I can't spend that on a bag... but I love it, I want it. Well, it's no longer available and mine is in like new condition since I baby my bags and have so many (change often), so I gave it to her. At first she protested, but I told her since she won't take a penny from us, take the bag! She loves her bag.

Anyone have bag currency stories to tell?
Cheers,

I haven't really given bags in exchange for anything, as most women I know don't really rate bags or have the same tastes as me. But I have GIVEN people bags, and then lived to regret it!

Many years ago I gave my younger sister a LV bag and also a beautiful tan woven Enny bag. Enny of course has now gone bust, but back then it was very highly thought of. I gave my sister the two bags as I had bought several while my husband and I were in France for a year. My sister was still at school and had no bags at all at the time. I knew little or nothing about LV bags, apart from the fact that they were very expensive. This one was a bucket style.

Anyway, a few years later (when I fell out with her!) I asked if she minded giving me the bags back. Dumb move! My sister said she had no idea what had become of the bags, that she thought she had lost them! I felt straight away that her story was complete rubbish, but since we lived in different countries by then, I felt there was no way of checking up on this. I wouldn't be suprised if she still has those bags all those years later. I probably held on to the cheaper bags I bought while I was abroad! I regretted my generosity for years!

^ I can imagine that it must be very annoying to have given someone something and then to have fallen-out with them; but I always thought that a gift, once given, cannot be taken back? :shrugs:

Once you gave your sister those bags, they were no longer yours, so, with respect, you really had no right to ask her for them back.

My GF had a crib she wanted to sell, she fell in love with one of my bags (that I rarely wore), my sister was pregnant... I traded the bag for crib and gave it to my sister.

Another GF adopted my 16 yr old Yorkie (my dd is allergic to dogs and we go to Ireland many times a yr, they quarentine for 6 mos), she has spoiled my little guy with parties (sweet 16), raingear, outerwear, and has had every blood test done (she is paranoid, he's fine), she has him on an organic raw diet (very expensive). She refuses to take a dime from us! Last time we had dinner with them, she fell in love with my bag, where did you get it?, How much, oh no, I can't spend that on a bag... but I love it, I want it. Well, it's no longer available and mine is in like new condition since I baby my bags and have so many (change often), so I gave it to her. At first she protested, but I told her since she won't take a penny from us, take the bag! She loves her bag.

Anyone have bag currency stories to tell?
Cheers,

That is really sweet of you to do that for your sis :tup:

I'm going to part with some of my bags to help finance my hubby's first Rolex. :hrmm: Not really looking forward to it, but he deserves one.

LT bag lady, I think it's very nice and sweet of you to give your friend the bag and also exchanging a bag for a crib for your sister. :smile: I don't think I could ever do that. It's a great idea though!