EEKK Help!! What are these things????

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
Unfortunately I don't have a picture.... but it's almost 1:30 am here... i got up to do something (i had the lights off) and noticed my cat was trying to play with something on the floor. I figured maybe a little bug or something had gotten inside.

so i turn on the light and it's like a really small white worm just wiggling on the floor. and then i notice another one... and then another... and another! I found about 5 in the same spot, a couple on the other side of the room, and then one in my hallway. I tried to google and can't seem to figure out what they are... but it's so weird they're all just appearing NOW! they're about 1/2 inch or smaller, completely white/cream color. i've tried to find a source of where they're coming from but i've found nothing.

and now i'm so freaked out I can't' get myself to go to sleep :sad:

ILuvShopping

★☆★★☆★★☆★
Jun 4, 2007
Iowa
yea they were maggots, finally at about 2 am (after super paranoia and checking everywhere in my living room, kitchen, hallway, bathroom to see if there were anymore, and there were!! mainly around the kitchen) i finally decided to google maggots and yep! perfect match. I haven't been home a whole lot the past couple of weeks so my garbage got a bit neglected. so i instantly checked my garbage and there they were.... so i put that bag inside of another bag and tossed it outside and cleaned around the area.

what an experience to go through right before I go to bed!! :smile: ugh... so digusting....

schadenfreude

really
O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
Oh damn, I hate hate hate maggots. I wouldn't have been able to sleep either. And since my stint at the county medical examiner's office, where maggots are frequent fliers, I don't eat white rice either. :throwup: