EEK. Pen on my MbMJ!

msshroomies

Jan 25, 2010
I brought my MbMJ Classic Hillier to work because I was running late and didnt have time to switch bags. I normally would never bring it to work because I work in a restaurant and we all just throw our purses in one big pile on a counter in the kitchen because there's no where else to put it. BIG MISTAKE. One of the other girls wrote on it with her black ball point!!

HOW DO I GET IT OFF?! :cry:

OMG! Someone WROTE on your bag with pen? How rude!

I had this problem on a pink bag and never quite got all the pen out. Good suggestions I looked up were:

1. Try a white eraser (gently)
2. Hairspray a Q tip and dab at the pen mark. Takes time and patience but seems to work
3. Wet wipes (carefully!!)

Condition afterwards.

Good luck!

me just being a b**** wondering, why on earth did she write on your bag?
Maybe she was being jealous!!
I would try a white eraser, it took off most pen marks on a white faridah i had, hope it will come off on yours

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO, the best technique is to put a little rubbing alcohol on a q-tip and gently blot at the stain. It might take a few q-tips to get it out, but keep at it: the alcohol has to sink in, and then the stain will start to release. This removed about 97% of a blue ink stain on my ivory sweet punk debbie.

I've found erasers/Mr. Clean magic eraser too harsh for MJ leather (the color tends to flake off). Hairspray does work because of its high alcohol content, but it also contains lots of other chemicals (sticky stuff, perfumes, etc.) that will be left behind on your bag, which have the potential to change the color/texture of the leather.