Educate me: what is a 60's sex kitten look ?

cheburashka

ON ROTATIONS !!!!!
O.G.
Mar 25, 2008
I often hear people say: "oh that's great for 60's sex kitten look", but always am too shy to ask what exactly it is.

Can somebody please explain to me what hair and make up for this look needs to look like and what products would I use to achieve that look ?

Any help appreciated.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I would say they mean like a mod 60's look. Think Twiggy. She was the fashion icon of that decade.

Here's a video that shows you how to kinda recreate that look for now.

Hope that helps. :yes:

Brigitte Bardot as well ;)

Yeah, that's kind of along the lines what I originally thought but wasn't sure:

1270081726_e71fe55c3c.jpg

So just nude lip, lots of dark eyeliner and lots of volume to your hair ?

I would say they mean like a mod 60's look. Think Twiggy. She was the fashion icon of that decade.

Here's a video that shows you how to kinda recreate that look for now.

Hope that helps. :yes:
No, Twiggy was not. Twiggy looked like a boy. She put an end to the sex kitten look!

Joey Heatherton was a sex kitten. Jane Fonda tried to be in Barbarella, although I never thought she pulled it off. As mentioned above, Brigitte Bardot was the original sex kitten.

They all had tousled, teased hair (usually blonde) winged, kind of heavy black eyeliner, very nude mouth (usually a pale, beige pink) and that just got out of bed look.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0372758/

Attachments

• joey-b1.jpg
    joey-b1.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 452
  • 174119~Joey-Heatherton-Posters.jpg
    174119~Joey-Heatherton-Posters.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 817
  • Jane-Fonda---Barbarella-Photograph-C12149932.jpeg
    Jane-Fonda---Barbarella-Photograph-C12149932.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,467
Twiggy is the iconic mod fashion icon but she is no sex kitten. 60's sex kittens have voluptous curves and sultry expressions. Other posters mentioned her too and Bridget Bardot would be my go to sex kitten inspiration.

Brigitte Bardot, Jane Fonda, Racquel Welch, Nancy Sinatra, Marianne Faithfull, Ann-Margaret, and Jean Shrimpton are all ladies to look into for inspiration :smile:

No, Twiggy was not. Twiggy looked like a boy. She put an end to the sex kitten look!

Joey Heatherton was a sex kitten. Jane Fonda tried to be in Barbarella, although I never thought she pulled it off. As mentioned above, Brigitte Bardot was the original sex kitten.

They all had tousled, teased hair (usually blonde) winged, kind of heavy black eyeliner, very nude mouth (usually a pale, beige pink) and that just got out of bed look.

I thought she was asking about makeup not about wardrobe and body type, so that is why I referred to Twiggy.

Twiggy still had the same makeup look as the other people you are mentioning.

Twiggy had a hair style that is different and the body shape, but as far as the makeup goes it is the same.

All the "sex kittens" had dark eyeliner, thick lashes, rosy cheeks, and nude lips. So it does not really matter which of those ladies you look at. They all have the same makeup look. The only thing that differs is hair. And yes I would agree that for the ultimate sex kitten look big tousled hair is the key.

I still think the video is helpful for the makeup of the era, even if it is Twiggy inspired.

twiggy.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think the sixties sex kitten look ever goes out of style -- I think that a variation of that look today is the heavy use of eyeliner/mascara and longer hair (usually via extensions) and curly /big hair. I am a fan of the the eyeliner and full hair.

I agree with the other posts that Bardot is the epitome of this look; some other photos over the years -
Jane Fonda
Diana Ross
Claudia Schiffer
Eva Mendes
Angie Jolie

Attachments

• angelina-jolie-2.jpg
    angelina-jolie-2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 917
  • ClaudiaSchiffer.jpg
    ClaudiaSchiffer.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 392
  • Bardot_E-PP001.jpg
    Bardot_E-PP001.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 648
  • dross.jpg
    dross.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 357
  • eva_mendes_dot_com184.jpg
    eva_mendes_dot_com184.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 737
Like everyone said, Pam Anderson(I know, I know-but she does channel it), Bridget Bardot, Sharon Tate-sometimes Lindsey Lohan. That is 60's sex kitten. It is emphasis on nude lips and smoky eyes and volume in the crown with tousled waves or even straight. It's back in style again too, although it often never left. It's a great sexy smouldering look. Liquid eyeliner, darker shadow winged out and nude lips are key, but a modern twist is with lipgloss.

I think of heavy black eye liner and long, thick black eye lashes along with very pink and lips. I also think of extremely pale skin and long, flowing dark hair.

IDK if I'm accurate or not, but that's what comes to mind.