Educate me on Juicy Charms please!!!!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
OMG - today I received my Bloomin bracelet which I love. Someone on forum suggested that I look at Juicy charms. They are too adorable. Where have I been all this time? I have a few questions for collectors:
1) Do you put charms mostly on bracelets or do you put on necklaces too?
2) Do you alternate them and how many do you wear at once?
3) Does the toggle ever open up accidently or is it pretty secure?
4) How long have you been collecting and how many do you have?
5) Which bracelet for charms should I begin with?
Thanks so much!

Haha I'm glad that you checked out the charms but now you've entered the slippery slope. ;)

There is a huge thread (nearing 300 pages!) dedicated to charms, and I think it can answer just about every question you might have. Plus there are tons and tons of photos.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/new-addiction-juicy-couture-charms-173660-280.html

And as far as the toggle goes, I wouldn't worry about it. As long as you're not opening and closing a charm every single day it should hold up just fine.

I've been reading some of the threads and I don't know where to start! I have a $243 gift card for Saks. I'd like to begin my collection there. Should I get a choker necklace or a bracelet? The Juicy store advises only 1 or 2 at a time on necklace cause it is short and gets heavy. Do most of you just collect these charms or do you wear on bracelets and necklaces?

I tend to wear them on necklaces. I also have their jewlery in addition to their charms. I like the charm catcher necklace. You can start with that and add a couple of charms but make sure you only buy what you really like because the charms they keep on coming! If you have a single gold chain at home you can add a charm to that as well. Many people here do that as well.

I only have one charm (the teacup). I purchased the little keychain that has a dog and some hearts on it; I clip the charm onto it and use it as a bag charm.
It was suggested by a SA at the Juicy store in Vegas. It's really cute.
We're going to Vegas Sunday and I hope to get another one; sort of make it a tradition. :smile:

I bought a Juicy starter bracelet today for about $18 at Nordstrom Rack. I also bought my first two charms, both on sale, at the Juicy Couture store. One is the Russian doll and the other is the black cameo. I was thrilled that two of my favorites were both on sale. I'm going to check out Bloomingdales selection later. I think they are having a 15% off event that you can prebuy now and pick-up later.

Congrats on getting your first Juicy Couture charms! I first started collecting charms when they first came out like 4 or so years ago. The clasps on the original charms were shorter and occasionally became a little loose, but the newer larger clasps are great. The bracelet can get pretty heavy, but I used to wear mine with 5-6 charms on it with no problems. Be sure to post pics of your new charms!