Edith retail price?

aliceali

Jan 25, 2007
Hello gals! I would like to purchase myself a fine working bag, I am considering the Edith since it is such a beautiful bag! I wonder, do Edith comes in small, middle and a large size? What is their retail price respectively? Can I be posted some pictures of Edith as reference? I saw some threads with girls' purchases of Edith in awesome discounted prices, they are just great deals!!! I live in Hong Kong, I guess buying a Edith here in store are much expensive than buying it online plus shipping if I have to pay for..OMG~I should get to know more abt the beautiful Edith.

By the way, is the Edith a heavy bag?

Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions! :tup:

My one and only Chloe bag is an Edith and i love it!!! :tup: I was very lucky and was one of the people who was able to purchase their Edith at a very good price, around $340 with all the discounts. I'm not sure if they're still selling them at the Chloe boutiques. There was a whole bunch that went to Neiman Marcus Last Call stores and I was able to get mine at the Arizona store. The bag itself is a bit heavy for me but I often get compliments when I take her around so I don't really mind. :graucho:

OMG!!! Mzleah thanks for ur response and I cant believe it, that was such an awesome price!!! I think I cant never get a brand new Edith in any price close to that in HK..and I don't wont to purchase a second hand and of course I am not willing to buy a fake bag, so I wont risk myself buying online from yahoo or ebay..Mzleah, mind if I ask what size is ur Edith? I am looking at all those possible website, have no idea finding a Edith in reduce price...if any one seen one, please tell me!!!

OMG, Mzleah, that is fabulous!! I wish in am in the US!!

Hi, I have the Edith Satchel Messenger in Ecrueil, but the SA called it whiskey. It's basically the classic edith, plus long strap. Got it for around $700, before the NM last calls started. I figured the messenger might be harder to come by so I grabbed it. I love the size, shape and construction of this bag. I usually wear it on my forearm with the long strap hanging down the bag - this is the most stylish look for the Edith, in my opinion. I don't really use the long strap for it's intended purpose :sad:. But you're right, the bag is heavy. It can be uncomfortable, specially when it slides down to my wrist.

Is the Edith popular in Hong Kong?

Mzleah, wow, yours is a real steal!

Yup, the Edith was popular in Hong Kong quite a time ago, but I consider Edith as a classic style, so no matter if it is popular or not, I found I still love the style of the bag. I agree with u, Edith is very well constructed, so I think it might be nice wearing it everyday, I mean I love looking at the bag so much! Recently in Hong Kong, Chanel still is the most popular IT bag, then comes the Balenciaga again this season. I can see from time to time girls wearing Chloe around, i think Chloe girls are cool~ :P
I should keep my eyes on some Chloe bags. Last night I went to a store which sells Chloe, some latest style are in store, but those bags are just too big for me. And, girls in Hong Kong, they do loves the Chloe, we are in love with the lock, it is still such a distinctive feature. :heart:

I have the Edith in whiskey and love it. Get loads of compliments. It is heavy but I guess I've gotten used to it. I have the strap which I don't really use, only once in a while if I really need my hands. I got it for around $430, Nordstroms did a price match for me. I love the outside pocket, use it for my cell and car keys and never buckle it. I wasn't sure about the color at first but it looks great with everything. Good luck finding one. You definately want the real thing!

If you can get a got deal on the Edith, grab it. Even with shipping, it will be cheaper. I just bought a front-pocket paddy from Neiman and the shipping to Canada cost me approx. US$55 while the duties/ taxes was another US$150. I do know from friends in HK that you are not charged any custom duties. Give the stores a call. Good luck!

Thanks Matte and Karzee4Coach! Sales from Neiman are pretty attractive, so as those on Bluefly!! Those on websites are really cheaper if the shipping dont costs much, and they are even in the latest style, whereas in Hong Kong, I saw some new Chloe in store, but without any discount..so, I am considering buying one online.
I am considering this: http://www.bluefly.com/pages/products/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=2065346127&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2063850137&N=933&Ne=500000&Nu=Product+ID&Ntk=all&Ntt=chloe&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial

I saw Chloe Edith bowling on sales from Net-a-porter: http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/16508

But I wanted a Edith with shoulder strap..so. Anyways, thanks for sharing all ur Chloe purchase experience, I will keep an eye on sites to check out discounts and hopefully purchase myself a first Chloe soon!! :yahoo: