Edith - Coco color or Whiskey?

I am still loving the whiskey. The chocolate is lovely in that photo, but I am not crazy about the photos I have seen on eBay. The whiskey seems richer and more versatile to me.

^^You may be right. Here are more photos:

whiskey
chloeEDITH3.jpg

side.jpg

130400981.jpg

chocolate
133112975.jpg

133112971.jpg

The whiskey just has that beautiful red tone to it. I will take pics inside and outside in natural light when mine comes so you can see the color a little more accurately (or at least I hope it is more accurate). I always think outside pics are better because there is no flash to distort the color. I am guessing it will arrive Friday.

That very first pic of the Whiskey makes me want it and the others just make me go "eh, so what". This is a bag you have to choose yourself to get the look you like. I love the vintage distressing better than the smoother leather.

beauxgoris said:
BTW~ NM checkout page said that shipping for the Whiskey would be no later than April 3rd!!!!!!!

oh! lucky you! mine said may 8th. Honestly, i'm in the same boat- i have a whisky and a chocolate on order and i just can't make up my mind. I've decided I'm going to let fate play a hand and just keep whatever bag shows up first! I don't think it's possible to go wrong with either color.

mercer said:
oh! lucky you! mine said may 8th. Honestly, i'm in the same boat- i have a whisky and a chocolate on order and i just can't make up my mind. I've decided I'm going to let fate play a hand and just keep whatever bag shows up first! I don't think it's possible to go wrong with either color.

It said that when I checked out. Now when I look at my customer page it just says "date unavailable" :suspiciou I"m hoping that the April date is still correct - that would be soooooo wonderful!

Wow - after checking the pics just posted by another forum member of her cocoa bag - i'm really having a hard time deciding!!

They're both soooo beautiful! (a lot less "distressed" than I thought they'd look though!)

Here's something interesting. I ordered the cocoa brown through the catalog quick order on the NM website and the date for that is still unavailable. I was able to get a chocolate online this morning that is shipping out on Monday. I asked the sales associate if cocoa brown and chocolate were the same color and was told no, they are different. The cocoa order I placed is still on backorder but the chocolate is in process. So, I am now curious if cocoa brown distressed leather is going to be different from chocolate brown (which looks to be of a smoother leather like Whiskey Edith) or if this s/a gave misinformation. I did not cancel my cocoa order just in case I get a bag that looks like the photo on page 1 of this thread. That is how I want my Edith to look in an ideal bag world!

roey said:
Here's something interesting. I ordered the cocoa brown through the catalog quick order on the NM website and the date for that is still unavailable. I was able to get a chocolate online this morning that is shipping out on Monday. I asked the sales associate if cocoa brown and chocolate were the same color and was told no, they are different. The cocoa order I placed is still on backorder but the chocolate is in process. So, I am now curious if cocoa brown distressed leather is going to be different from chocolate brown (which looks to be of a smoother leather like Whiskey Edith) or if this s/a gave misinformation. I did not cancel my cocoa order just in case I get a bag that looks like the photo on page 1 of this thread. That is how I want my Edith to look in an ideal bag world!

Roey, the dark brown Edith on page 1 is the NM catalog where I ordered it from. It is the Chocolate color.

roey said:

Okay now i'm totally confused. I ordered the "cocoa disressed" edith from the NM catalogue (on backorder) I thought I was getting the chocolate - if i'm not - what the heck did I order????

beauxgoris said:
Okay now i'm totally confused. I ordered the "cocoa disressed" edith from the NM catalogue (on backorder) I thought I was getting the chocolate - if i'm not - what the heck did I order????

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I ordered the same bag which is still unavailable. Then on a whim I logged on to NM today to see if Edith came back up and there she was in chocolate and in stock so I placed an order. I called the website and spoke to a sales associate who pulled up both orders; I wanted to cancel the cocoa since the chocolate order went through. He said their system would flag him if the bags are the same and they are not. He wasn't sure if cocoa is a different color than chocolate or the same color but different leather. If you look at the description for the whiskey/chocolate bag it does not state "Distressed Leather Bag", yet the cocoa brown has that description. I did not cancel my cocoa order because if it ever comes off backorder, I want to see it IRL. I wish they had a photo to associate with it. I thought the photo of the girl with the bag on her shoulder was the distressed cocoa brown because if you look closely at the leather, you can clearly see the distressing - almost like small "tears". I think that picture is the distressed cocoa brown, not the chocolate.