Edith bag - leather question?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm usually in the LV thread, but am deciding on a red Chloe Edith bag (my first Chloe) .... it seems to have some wear on the edges, that looks a little scuffed/ whitish? ... does the Chloe leather lose color when it wears at the sides/corners or piping? can it be fixed, or made to look less obvious? Have you noticed this on your bag?

TIA :smile:

2. Like all leathers, if the corners get scuffed, the edges loose their colouring :sad:

I've had one of my brown paddingtons loose it's colour on one of the edges, and I fixed that up nicely with some shoe polish. Waterproofed it too!

I haven't had any issues with my black edith though, I've been very careful with the corners on it :yes:

If you're really interested in the bag, you might be able to live with the condition of the corners, or you could always take it to a leather repair store, or email LMB, to see what they think :tup:

3. thanks for your reply qwerty.... hmmm not sure what to do....I don't like my chances of finding a matching red shoe polish! LOL!

4. Just realised you're in Australia! G'day!

Have a look here: http://www.waproo.com.au/products/colours.htm I think it's sold in Australia only.

I've used this polish before on my bag, it allows the leather to breathe, but water and stain proofs it, and also has a slight colour tint. Just be careful that you only use a small amount and buff it in really well, or the polish won't apply correctly and it will leave a really red mark on your bag. I accidentally did that with the beige one, got a white stain on my bag :Push:

You should be able to find it from any local cobbler though, and you might be able to find one that's a close enough colour match :heart:

5. oh thanks so much for your help, they do look like they are good possible matches!! :smile: