Edited: City or Velo !?

Nov 15, 2012
This is my new to me 2012 City. I love her but she does seem to have a saggy bottom ! Is this normal ? When I hold her she looks more square and I can’t decide if this bothers me, so I thought I’d see what my fellow Bal lovers think ! Edit : I now am in doubt that this is a City !

05253FD6-1409-4E8C-A756-62FCD23DA1CD.jpeg

B6F9DCA5-7177-4DD3-ABCC-9EE107D0F04B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JenJBS
To be honest, no, I am not sure !
It’s a Velo, I guess you didn’t see the correction on the AT thread, sorry about that. I have a bad habit of skimming the text and zoning on on photos, I was under the assumption you knew we were looking at a Velo. Hence the info on adjustable straps. I hope you love her, I far prefer the Velo over the City personally.
As for slouch, bring it on! You can always get just a bottom flat base shaper off eBay which won’t affect the slouch on the rest of the bag but will give the base a bit more stability (I have one for an old Prada and it helped).
Thanks again to @atlantis1982 for catching the style error on the AT thread.

Reactions: FIFISCORPIOLADY
It’s a Velo, I guess you didn’t see the correction on the AT thread, sorry about that. I have a bad habit of skimming the text and zoning on on photos, I was under the assumption you knew we were looking at a Velo. Hence the info on adjustable straps. I hope you love her, I far prefer the Velo over the City personally.
As for slouch, bring it on! You can always get just a bottom flat base shaper off eBay which won’t affect the slouch on the rest of the bag but will give the base a bit more stability (I have one for an old Prada and it helped).
Thanks again to @atlantis1982 for catching the style error on the AT thread.
Aha this explains it! Thank you. I am in such a dilemma. I really wanted a City but I do like this bag . . . Oh my what to do. . . .

Aha this explains it! Thank you. I am such a dilemma. I really wanted a City but I do like this bag . . . Oh my what to do. . . .
I’m really sorry about that. I need to slow down when reading text on the AT thread. We were putting together my treadmill and I was trying to answer AT asks at the same time, not a good thing to do.
I prefer the Velo due to it’s depth, I find the City a little too east/west for my liking. Plus the strap on the older Cities isn’t really long enough for the shoulder IMO although it’s usable that way. It looks best hand or arm carried.

I’m really sorry about that. I need to slow down when reading text on the AT thread. We were putting together my treadmill and I was trying to answer AT asks at the same time, not a good thing to do.
I prefer the Velo due to it’s depth, I find the City a little too east/west for my liking. Plus the strap on the older Cities isn’t really long enough for the shoulder IMO although it’s usable that way. It looks best hand or arm carried.
Please don’t apologise honestly. I just need to decide whether to contact the seller and return her or try to love her, she IS beautiful ! I have longed for a City for so long though *sigh*

Please don’t apologise honestly. I just need to decide whether to contact the seller and return her or try to love her, she IS beautiful ! I have longed for a City for so long though *sigh*
It’s a tough call. For what it’s worth the Cities, as they age, develop a slouch too. I think the slouch on the Velo is a nicer shape but that’s just me.
Go with your heart… or get both. :lol: