EDIT: I got the Chanel 19 Small Lambskin 21C - What should I exchange this Tweed Chanel 19 for?

Apr 15, 2007
Hello dears, I recently got the 21C black Tweed Chanel 19 in the small size as a Xmas gift from hubby.

Before purchasing, I had asked the SA if Tweed is easy to care for and she said yes and that she hasn't heard anyone saying they have issues with Tweed. A quick search on here and YouTube told me otherwise haha. After looking at the Tweed bag at home, I realized how easy it was for lint/hair/fur and other things to get on there, especially it's in black so you can see all the lint.

The problem is that I want the small size but the only colors that they have in stock that's leather are pink, gold, green, and I think purple. I really want the black but they only have it in the medium (aka Large). I'm a bit afraid of color transfer but will take to the risk at this point haha. Do you think the medium aka large is too big for me? What do you think of that pink (small)?

I'm thinking to exchange the Tweed and either 1) get the small pink, 2) get the medium black, or 3) don't get anything for now and wait for the small black goatskin to be in stock (not sure how long that'll be). Please share your thoughts and opinions with me because I'm torn between the bags. Thank you so much in advance!

I've attached a picture of the small pink and medium black for reference.

20201223_021111.jpg

20201223_021054.jpg

20201219_181719.jpg

20201219_180750.jpg

20201223_021401.jpg

Reactions: papertiger
Hello dears, I recently got the 21C black Tweed Chanel 19 in the small size as a Xmas gift from hubby.

Before purchasing, I had asked the SA if Tweed is easy to care for and she said yes and that she hasn't heard anyone saying they have issues with Tweed. A quick search on here and YouTube told me otherwise haha. After looking at the Tweed bag at home, I realized how easy it was for lint/hair/fur and other things to get on there, especially it's in black so you can see all the lint.

The problem is that I want the small size but the only colors that they have in stock that's leather are pink, gold, green, and I think purple. I really want the black but they only have it in the medium (aka Large). I'm a bit afraid of color transfer but will take to the risk at this point haha. Do you think the medium aka large is too big for me? What do you think of that pink (small)?

I'm thinking to exchange the Tweed and either 1) get the small pink, 2) get the medium black, or 3) don't get anything for now and wait for the small black goatskin to be in stock (not sure how long that'll be). Please share your thoughts and opinions with me because I'm torn between the bags. Thank you so much in advance!

View attachment 4936347

View attachment 4936348

View attachment 4936349

View attachment 4936350

View attachment 4936351

Just repeating what you said because it's clear, you look better and feel happier with the small, and I'm not sure that pink is your pink.

If you need to exchange now maybe try one of the other colours or wait for the black. I hate waiting because I hate have credit notes unless they're small, and who knows what (price rises / availability) the NY will bring.

I think the medium looks great on you! I have both the medium and small. I’d say that the small is more comfortable to wear as it is lighter, but the medium holds a lot more and looks better. I love the pillowy and slouchy look and I think medium accentuates that look more.

I would wait for the small in black leather. I am not sure if you are 100% in love with that small pink 19. No, to the mediums size unless you get a bag organizer to retain its shape. Never settle and get a refund and make sure you are on the waitlist for the next 19 shipment so you don't miss out. I would ask if the 19 will come in lambskin or goatskin. Do a search and decide which leather you like best.

Definitely do a black bag - this pink reminds me of pepto bismol - LOL. Black goes with everything, too. I have the black medium/large (middle size) (I'm 5'6" and a size 6/8 28/29) and I think it's the perfect size. It's not SO large that you can't take it out to dinner, either. and the fact that it's not as boxy as a jumbo classic flap I think makes it more manageable / not seem as huge. That said - if you want the small, wait! These come around a lot more than you'd think.

View attachment 4936347

View attachment 4936348

View attachment 4936349

View attachment 4936350

View attachment 4936351
Just my opinion, but I must give it!!! No on the pink- I usually like pink, but this one is not “right”.... and size...I personally think the black medium looks better on you! For me, I think the relaxed style of the 19 looks much better in “large” or oversized proportion. This bag is meant to be more trendy and relaxed without structure...and I think the small on anyone that is not petite looks wrong. It looks cooler being a smidge oversized...again, I think the black medium looks fabulous on you!!! Way cooler!!! Good luck! Super sweet of your hubby!

I would definitely go black as it's easiest to match and what you originally wanted, only go color if you are absolutely in love with the particular color and must have it, don't settle. I do like the medium/large size on you especially if mainly wearing handheld, but I would get the size you want, don't just get medium/large because it's available, better to be patient and get what you want.

I have a small black 19 and I love it. If this is the bag you want, then I would wait for it. There is a reasonable size difference between the small and medium/large 19, both in capacity and appearance. What capacity do you want inside of your bag? If you like the slouchier look and want more storage, go for the medium/large. Everyone differs on how much slouch they like, even on a bag designed to be slouchy! Either size would look fine on you. :smile:
And just a word on lambskin vs goatskin...I was in the boutique this week and could have SWORN that one of the 19 bags I was being shown was goatskin. It matched the skin on my goatskin bag (which was sitting next to it) identically. Surprisingly, it was lambskin. The goatskin bag she showed me looked like lambskin. My SA told me that she has to check the tags every time, because it can be super hard to tell. And she's very seasoned. I had assumed the goatskin always looked super shiny and had a certain hand feel. Not so, apparently. So I wouldn't get too hung up on that. But it does go to show that picking your bag out in person, if possible, might be a very good idea.

Last edited:
Hello dears! Thank you all sooo much for your responses! It helped me very much. My hubby just returned the Tweed bag today and I told him to check out the medium aka Large one again. It's actually not as big as I remembered but the sales associate said to just wait for the small one if that's really what I want. She is trying to order from another boutique for us now, but I don't think the order will go through because just yesterday I tried from some other store and they replied later that the order was cancelled because it was on reserve already. Once I'm able to get it, I'll update with pictures. Thank you all again! Wishing everyone and your families a healthy and joyous holiday season!

I would wait until the small black 19 is in stock. It’s the bag you really want and I would hold out for it!

As it’s now a brand classic, hopefully it doesn’t take too long!
Thank you Hazzelnut! Yeah the SA today said more are coming in stock as opposed to last week.

Just repeating what you said because it's clear, you look better and feel happier with the small, and I'm not sure that pink is your pink.

If you need to exchange now maybe try one of the other colours or wait for the black. I hate waiting because I hate have credit notes unless they're small, and who knows what (price rises / availability) the NY will bring.
Thank you papertiger! You're totally right, this pink isn't my pink and pink is my fav color! Yeah I definitely don't want credit either haha. I'm glad I was able to refund the Tweed bag.

It seems like you really want the small black so if you can wait, wait. I do like the large black though...it’s a great sized bag. It doesn’t seem like you’re feeling the pink at all and you would be settling.
Thank you Venessa84! You're right, I realized after this that I really didn't like that pink. I will wait for the small one haha.

If you really want the small then wait but if it's the looks you are worried about...I think the medium suits you really well!!! Like that size looks really great on you!!
Thank you very much B4GBuff! Yeah the medium aka Large isn't as big as I thought and it does fit my frame haha.

I think the medium looks great on you! I have both the medium and small. I’d say that the small is more comfortable to wear as it is lighter, but the medium holds a lot more and looks better. I love the pillowy and slouchy look and I think medium accentuates that look more.
Thank you so much rieestyle! Yeah the small is the perfect weight. The medium is also really nice!

I would exchange for medium black, it will always hold its value and is a best seller!
Thank you natlovesbag! I ended up with refund for now until I'm able to get the small black leather.

I would wait for the small in black leather. I am not sure if you are 100% in love with that small pink 19. No, to the mediums size unless you get a bag organizer to retain its shape. Never settle and get a refund and make sure you are on the waitlist for the next 19 shipment so you don't miss out. I would ask if the 19 will come in lambskin or goatskin. Do a search and decide which leather you like best.
Thank you lvchanellvr! You're right! I realized I wasn't feeling that pink at all. I have decided I'll wait for the small black leather version.

Definitely do a black bag - this pink reminds me of pepto bismol - LOL. Black goes with everything, too. I have the black medium/large (middle size) (I'm 5'6" and a size 6/8 28/29) and I think it's the perfect size. It's not SO large that you can't take it out to dinner, either. and the fact that it's not as boxy as a jumbo classic flap I think makes it more manageable / not seem as huge. That said - if you want the small, wait! These come around a lot more than you'd think.
Thank you Fashion412! Yeah you're right about the pink hahaha. I realized I don't like it at all. Yeah I compared the medium aka Large with the Jumbo and although they look the same size, the 19 looks smaller since it's slouchier. The medium is great too but for now I will wait for the small one.

Just my opinion, but I must give it!!! No on the pink- I usually like pink, but this one is not “right”.... and size...I personally think the black medium looks better on you! For me, I think the relaxed style of the 19 looks much better in “large” or oversized proportion. This bag is meant to be more trendy and relaxed without structure...and I think the small on anyone that is not petite looks wrong. It looks cooler being a smidge oversized...again, I think the black medium looks fabulous on you!!! Way cooler!!! Good luck! Super sweet of your hubby!
Thank you so much Lookelou! Yeah same here, pink is my fav color but that pink just doesn't sit right with me haha. Yeah the medium aka Large is also really nice. Thanks again for your input dear!

I would definitely go black as it's easiest to match and what you originally wanted, only go color if you are absolutely in love with the particular color and must have it, don't settle. I do like the medium/large size on you especially if mainly wearing handheld, but I would get the size you want, don't just get medium/large because it's available, better to be patient and get what you want.
Thank you very much DreamingBeauty! Yeah you're totally right, I shouldn't settle just because it's the only black leather available haha. I've decided to wait.

I have a small black 19 and I love it. If this is the bag you want, then I would wait for it. There is a reasonable size difference between the small and medium/large 19, both in capacity and appearance. What capacity do you want inside of your bag? If you like the slouchier look and want more storage, go for the medium/large. Everyone differs on how much slouch they like, even on a bag designed to be slouchy! Either size would look fine on you. :smile:
And just a word on lambskin vs goatskin...I was in the boutique this week and could have SWORN that one of the 19 bags I was being shown was goatskin. It matched the skin on my goatskin bag (which was sitting next to it) identically. Surprisingly, it was lambskin. The goatskin bag she showed me looked like lambskin. My SA told me that she has to check the tags every time, because it can be super hard to tell. And she's very seasoned. I had assumed the goatskin always looked super shiny and had a certain hand feel. Not so, apparently. So I wouldn't get too hung up on that. But it does go to show that picking your bag out in person, if possible, might be a very good idea.
Thank you so much for your input OCMomof3! I've decided to wait for the small black leather and thanks for the useful info on lambskin and goatskin! I'll be happy with either one.

Get the one you really want. Don't settle.
Thank you ashin121! Yeah I've decided to wait.

I actually think the med black you're modeling in the pic looks great on you. However, if you want the smaller size, I would wait and get that one. Don't settle for the pink. Get what you really want. Good luck deciding ;)
Thank you so much kyliearak! Yeah I've decided to wait for the one I really want.