Edie!

Runnurse21

Feb 17, 2017
Hello! Could you all give me pros and cons regarding the Edie 31 versus Edie Turnlock?? Can't decide which one I like better, so any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks! Specifically, wondering if the chain handle adds a lot of weight, do they both have feet on the bottom, leather the same? Or any other insights!

I bought the Edie Turnlock in plum/gold first then returned it for the edie 31 in red. I thought the gold chains too bling and did add weight to the strap. However, it is a longer strap drop by a couple of inches, which is nicer for delving into while still on the shoulder. The turnlock leather is a softer and smoother pebbled leather than the E31 but in the end I plumped for less weight and less bling.

Hello! Could you all give me pros and cons regarding the Edie 31 versus Edie Turnlock?? Can't decide which one I like better, so any input would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks! Specifically, wondering if the chain handle adds a lot of weight, do they both have feet on the bottom, leather the same? Or any other insights!
Hello! I have an Edie Turnlock in Stone with Dark Gunmetal hardware and I just adore that handbag. In fact, so much that the same handbag in Navy also with Dark Gunmetal hardware, is en route via UPS! I don’t prefer blingy hardware on my bags. I tried the Edie but given my height, I wanted and needed a longer strap drop so the Turnlock was an easy choice. The Edie I tried also had glove tanned leather so quite different from the pebble leather on the Turnlock. I can’t quite describe the glove tanned leather in a way that gives it proper accolades but it’s captivating enough that it caused the only hesitation in returning the bag in favor of the longer strap drop.

Both are lovely. If you can get your hands on both easily enough and then make a choice, I always recommend doing so. Whatever your choice, enjoy your bag.

Last edited:
I bought the Edie Turnlock in plum/gold first then returned it for the edie 31 in red. I thought the gold chains too bling and did add weight to the strap. However, it is a longer strap drop by a couple of inches, which is nicer for delving into while still on the shoulder. The turnlock leather is a softer and smoother pebbled leather than the E31 but in the end I plumped for less weight and less bling.
Thank you for the input. I'm usually not into bling, either, per se, but I do feel the chains on this bag looks very classy. Thanks again! Love getting feedback from others!

Hello! I have an Edie Turnlock in Stone with Dark Gunmetal hardware and I just adore that handbag. In fact, so much that the same handbag in Navy also with Dark Gunmetal hardware, is en route via UPS! I don’t prefer blingy hardware on my bags. I tried the Edie but given my height, I wanted and needed a longer strap drop so the Turnlock was an easy choice. The Edie I tried also had glove tanned leather so quite different from the pebble leather on the Turnlock. I can’t quite describe the glove tanned leather in a way that gives it proper accolades but it’s captivating enough that it caused the only hesitation in returning the bag in favor of the longer strap drop.

Both are lovely. If you can get your hands on both easily enough and then make a choice, I always recommend doing so. Whatever your choice, enjoy your bag.
Thank you! Great point......maybe I will end up ordering both, and decide! I am 5'11" , so the longer strap drop would probably be better on me. Thanks again! Glad you're loving your bag!

Thank you! Great point......maybe I will end up ordering both, and decide! I am 5'11" , so the longer strap drop would probably be better on me. Thanks again! Glad you're loving your bag!

Ooh, at 5’11, I’d definitely give the Edie 31 a thrice-over. At 5’9, I didn’t like the way it felt under my arm. It felt restrictive so I couldn’t carry it comfortably from one room to the next in my home let alone a day out. There is also a YT video of a woman who is 6 ft and she also struggled with making that bag work. I think she mentions returning it but not certain.

I don’t know what you’re used to carrying so the Edie may be great for you. For me, it had a hobo feel - not in a good way - and I’ve never liked carrying those bags. Please fill me in on what you decide. Love to hear about Edies.