Edie Whinge

woodsmeister

Jan 9, 2010
anyone else wishing that the Edie didnt have the guitar strap on the black and also that it came in a normal oak rather then the oak sparkle tweed...
i love the look of it but the guitar strap is putting me off
the powder beige heavy grain looks fab but would be totally impracticle for my lifestyle i think

dream dream dream....

Wouldn't it be great if it came with two straps that could be interchanged? A matching leather and the guitar strap for different moods or clothes. I would definitely buy it then.

Love the idea, too! Though I think the guitar strap is nice on the regular Edies it would be great to have the option to change to a leather one from time to time...

I saw the idea on an Orla Kiely bag last week - a detachable hobo and messenger strap. The hobo strap was leather and the messenger was canvas. No reason why this couldn't be done for an Edie.
So I can't claim the idea as my own but I thought it was brilliant. I'm still thinking about that bag! Lol.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the guitar strap, I think it's too wide & frou frou! However, I bet it stays on the shoulder better than shiny leather straps... It always drives me up the wall if a strap won't stay on my shoulder!

glad to see i am not alone in my distaste for the guitar strap..
i saw a woman trying on the powder beige heavy grain in heathrow and it did look absolutely beautiful.. a real head turner.
has anyone on the forum got one of the powder beige yet? love to know how it holds up

I bought a large black Edie when it first showed up on the website and the guitar strap was the reason I returned it. IMO it felt like the strap and bag were pulling in two different directions in terms of design / style. In the black the bag looks quite formal, but the strap looks very casual & folksy.

Also the fact that the strap was described on the website as being adjustable and this wasn't actually the case IRL :Push: made the bag a no-no for me :tdown:.

If it was made in an oak heavy grain I think the overall design might have more appeal for me. Having said all that though, many TPF'ers love Edie as she is, so beauty is as always most definitely in the eye of the beholder :smile: !

I should love it if the Edie would have an interchangeable strap. I do like the black Edie a lot. I believe that Mulberry made Edie with guitar strap because clients might have requested it due to Alexa Ching being photographed with Roxy with guitar strap.