Edgy Out There - Leather mismatch?

hobbit8642

Apr 15, 2006
This is my first time posting on this thread and also my first time purchasing a Tano bag. I received my Edgy Out There in deep ocean today and I was surprised to see that the front and back variations in leather were quite obvious. I know that leather pieces may not match exactly; however, the front leather is quite a bit darker than the back and also the texture of the front leather was pebbly and the back was smooth. Are Tano bags known to be like this? Am I making a big deal out of it? Should I return it and are my chances great that I'll get another mismatched leather bag?

I really do love the color and style. I just wish that I could love the leather too. :sad:

Any advice? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0104.jpg
    IMG_0104.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 105
It can happen for sure... talk to the company you purchased from and see if they have another and if so, send it back. Don't keep something you're not in love with!

I am sure the other Bella Leather owners will pop in, but I agree with TK. If it's bugging you... talk to your retailer and see if you can get another.

Thanks TygerKitty, KittyBag, and Voodoo!

When I emailed Must Have Bag yesterday, they said that leather variations are to be expected on Tano bags. So, I wasn't sure if I was making too much out of it.

Okay, I feel better about returning it. I'm going to call then up today and see if they have another Edgy in Deep Ocean, with better leather. Wish me luck.

You were right Voodoo. I just called MHB and talked with Ashley. She was super sweet and they do have another Edgy Out There in Deep Ocean, with better leather. :yahoo:

Thanks again for all your advice. I can't wait to post my first reveal.

You were right Voodoo. I just called MHB and talked with Ashley. She was super sweet and they do have another Edgy Out There in Deep Ocean, with better leather. :yahoo:

Thanks again for all your advice. I can't wait to post my first reveal.

Ashley is a doll! I can't wait for your reveal! You and me and Ode will be bag triplets! haha

I'm so glad this will work out for you!! I totally understand that Tano leather is supposed to have variations, but what you showed us would bug me to no end also.

Glad you are exchanging...I looked at mine hanging up here at work, and my leather is matched very well...

Don't you love this color and the EOT??

Thanks LisaMM and Odebdo. Yes, I love the color and the soft smooth leather of the back of the bag. I'm not too fond of the pebbly leather though. Ashley was so nice and looked through all the Edgy Out There in Deep Ocean that they had available and found one that was smooth all over. She is holding it for me till I return this other bag. It's funny because while looking through all the other bags, she found another one with mismatched leather.

Anyways, I can't be any more happier with the customer service at MHB. And I'm already thinking about my second purchase...hehehe.

Thanks LisaMM and Odebdo. Yes, I love the color and the soft smooth leather of the back of the bag. I'm not too fond of the pebbly leather though. Ashley was so nice and looked through all the Edgy Out There in Deep Ocean that they had available and found one that was smooth all over. She is holding it for me till I return this other bag. It's funny because while looking through all the other bags, she found another one with mismatched leather.

Anyways, I can't be any more happier with the customer service at MHB. And I'm already thinking about my second purchase...hehehe.

They are the best!!

And welcome to the club!! I really try to be content for a while, but within days am plotting my next purchase!