edgecoat cracking

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I've recently decided maybe I'd like to part with my Keep All. But even tho the bag is in VG condition, upon close inspection the handles are cracking. Why would an expensive brand use this crappy edgecoat? Pretty much makes my bag worthless for resale (although not really noticeable if you're not looking for it)

The edges on PS bags had sometimes cracks even when new. here's a post from 2011 https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/proenza-schouler-ps1-bag.388422/page-195#post-18082261
I think many bags looks like this and is perhaps normal? @cathead87
thank you
I'd still be concerned that if I sold it the buyer would complain
I was at the local consignment store yesterday with some clothes to consign. I had the bag with me and asked the person there what she thought. She said this was a problem as it would get worse. Just her opinion of course but I don't want a problem if/when I sell so would have to disclose I think

Cracked sealant, especially on the handles and around the strap attachments/loops, is pretty common. Actually, I would say that it is inevitable. It's not just limited to PS. I had the same issues with Coach and Balenciaga. When I carried Coach I actually did my own sealant repairs. I have since moved on to more expensive bags and would most likely turn that repair over to a professional. Because it's the handle...I wouldn't bother to repair it unless it was really noticeable and I could feel it while carrying it. A heavily cracked handle is a deal breaker for me when purchasing a pre-owned bag. However, yours doesn't sound like it is heavily cracked.

Anytime you list a "flaw" while selling, you will take a hit. If you aren't comfortable with listing it yourself then I would send it off to be consigned. Let them look the bag over and disclose any issues. You will be taking a loss by consigning...but you will be taking it anyway.

Cracked sealant, especially on the handles and around the strap attachments/loops, is pretty common. Actually, I would say that it is inevitable. It's not just limited to PS. I had the same issues with Coach and Balenciaga. When I carried Coach I actually did my own sealant repairs. I have since moved on to more expensive bags and would most likely turn that repair over to a professional. Because it's the handle...I wouldn't bother to repair it unless it was really noticeable and I could feel it while carrying it. A heavily cracked handle is a deal breaker for me when purchasing a pre-owned bag. However, yours doesn't sound like it is heavily cracked.

Anytime you list a "flaw" while selling, you will take a hit. If you aren't comfortable with listing it yourself then I would send it off to be consigned. Let them look the bag over and disclose any issues. You will be taking a loss by consigning...but you will be taking it anyway.
yes, I'd say mine isn't noticeable unless you examine closely...I was actually surprised when I discovered it