Edge Kote For Handle Repair?

LitaRichards

Dec 1, 2011
Woodbury, MN
My attorney friend has a Cerf tote which she uses almost daily for the past 5 years and stuffs it with all her files and lots and LOTS of paperwork.
She came to me (knowing I'm a handbag addict) for help. It seems the resin is starting to peel on the handle. She has an inch of resin that is just barely hanging on by a fiber.
I'm no expert in repair but my husband has a product called "Edge Kote" that he uses on some of his belts. And used it on his Hermes belt and it apparently worked well!
Do any of you know if this would last or have any experience with it? My only concern is it is right in the area that she holds onto the most so I don't know how long it would hold up.

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
My attorney friend has a Cerf tote which she uses almost daily for the past 5 years and stuffs it with all her files and lots and LOTS of paperwork.
She came to me (knowing I'm a handbag addict) for help. It seems the resin is starting to peel on the handle. She has an inch of resin that is just barely hanging on by a fiber.
I'm no expert in repair but my husband has a product called "Edge Kote" that he uses on some of his belts. And used it on his Hermes belt and it apparently worked well!
Do any of you know if this would last or have any experience with it? My only concern is it is right in the area that she holds onto the most so I don't know how long it would hold up.
Edge Kote is a flexible, deep semi-gloss paint. I'm not sure you'd want to put paint on a bag, especially if you ever would need to take it to Chanel. I'd be more comfortable taking it to either Chanel or a high end leather cobbler who deals with handbags.

LitaRichards

Dec 1, 2011
Woodbury, MN
She told me she didn't want to take it to Chanel to have it repaired due to the fact that when she brought the bag in they said it would be sent out for 8 weeks. And that is the bag she uses everyday for work.