Eden vs Metis Pochette

LoVeinLA

O.G.
May 14, 2012
So this is interesting... If you look at the two bags from afar, they have the same look. Eden does have the epi accents and the S lock, but the Metis Pochette is almost a perfect twin.... And here is what I see... One thousand dollars less! What do you guys think?

Eden PM:
( Width x Height x Depth ) 9.8 x 8.3 x 3.5 inches
$2350
-Natural cowhide leather trimmings
-Louis Vuitton Steamer Bag inspired handle
-Adjustable, removable shoulder strap
-Classic golden brass S lock
-3 interior compartments with zipped pocket
-Soft Microfibre lining
-Optional additional shoulder strap for cross-body carry, sold separately.

Metis Pochette:
( Width x Height x Depth ) 9.8 x 7.5 x 3.5 inches
$1410
- Adjustable and removable cross-body strap
- 1 exterior zipped pocket
- Elegant handle
- Natural cowhide leather trim
- Shiny golden brass metallic pieces
- 3 interior compartments and 1 flat pocket
- Dark brown microfibre lining

Attachments

• image-879056629.jpg
    image-879056629.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 16,921
  • image-2417023197.jpg
    image-2417023197.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 4,549
Hi LoVeinLA :wave: I got the pic from LV.com

I think the Eden is finished a little nicer and it has leather on the sides, maybe that’s why is more expensive? I think Eden is very pretty but I could never understand that handle, it’s a little strange imo.

The pochette Metis is still my choice because I like the shape and size, it doesn’t hurt the price is a little more reasonable than Eden. I find the Eden a little classier and the pochette Metis more casual.

ITA with shalomjude, Epi Eden is very pretty too :tup:

Hi LoVeinLA :wave: I got the pic from LV.com

I think the Eden is finished a little nicer and it has leather on the sides, maybe that’s why is more expensive? I think Eden is very pretty but I could never understand that handle, it’s a little strange imo.

The pochette Metis is still my choice because I like the shape and size, it doesn’t hurt the price is a little more reasonable than Eden. I find the Eden a little classier and the pochette Metis more casual.

ITA with shalomjude, Epi Eden is very pretty too :tup:

I agree-I am attracted to the minimalist look of the Metis-The handle on the Eden seems too chunky & unnecessary.

I actually dislike the Eden. I dislike the roundness of it.

I'm far more attracted to straight lines.

I'd also never pay a grand more for more leather. I don't even like much leather on my bags any more (I want those puppies lighter not heavier!).

Great post! I had an eden reserved when it first came out, but I rejected it because of the way the handle is attached to the back. If you want to hold it by the handle, the back drops forward (hard to explain, but it i is weird). I recently bought the metis pochette and it is waaaay more useable than eden. without the rounded edges, you get much more space and it can be an everyday bag rather than just an occassion bag. I prefer the alma bb for that kind of thing. HTH!

Oh and yes, the price difference between these two is not justified. If you consider their reasoning about pricing: amount of vachetta, brass, number of stiches/work that goes into the bag, I am just not seeing it. THe design of the metis pochette is more complex (gathers, etc), so I would think it took more time.

Eden looks really odd to me and I think paying almost $1k more for a leather handle is asking too much. Especially since the handle looks uncomfortable as all heck.

I agree-I am attracted to the minimalist look of the Metis-The handle on the Eden seems too chunky & unnecessary.

yes, good way to put it, I agree with you as well.

I feel the same way. The Eden is aesthetically pretty, but when I tried it on using the thick top handle it felt awkward & disproportionate to such a small bag. The calf leather detailing on the sides is gorgeous, but for the price I'd rather go with an all-leather bag (like the Empreinte Speedy.)

The Métis pochette strikes the right balance with a more feminine top handle, yet edgy shape for one chic-looking bag!

I think both bags are lovely. My favourite personally is the Metis Pochette though. I agree the handle on the Eden is slightly odd.. just seems unnecessary to me and the Metis has a nice satchel like feel to it which I like.