Ecrater???

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi ladies,

Sorry if this is a super old topic...I did a search and found that a lot of RM ladies use ecrater a lot but what about for HH? I am just completely unfamiliar with ecrater and wondered if you ladies can tell me a bit about it? Safety of the site? Sellers with (0) feedback?

I'm very tempted to give it a shot, but I'm a little nervous!!!

2. I've bought a couple of things off ecrater and couldn't be happier. All my experiences there were pleasant and the whole process was easy and stress free. What is it you're thinking about? A particular bag?

3. I think the big thing w/ecrater is that the site doesn't charge fees to the seller, which is really good for buyers too (b/c the seller doesn't have to inflate prices to try to recover costs). Still seems much less used than the bay, though, and I'm curious as to why - is it just under the radar, or ?

4. Yep, I was looking at this...

I REALLY (really :drool:) want it! If I'm looking at it right, the seller has no feedback yet...?

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3762860

5. #5 Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
    No experience yet but hoping to have some soon!!

6. Bonanzle is good too Sdnoobie!

7. Pretty Lorca. I can totally see why you're interested. You could ask the seller a question if need be, right, if you having any qualms at all.

8. I looked at the listing, and it's a tPF member, so you could contact her.

It's hard to say about these things; I don't have much experience, either. But if it was shipped w/insurance and I used PayPal, I'd probably get it if it was something I really wanted.

9. i've sold some things (including bags) on ecrater. like h8 said, i don't have to mark up to make up the seller fees like on ebay. the things i've sold on there i've just wanted mostly to find new homes for. i haven't tried making money on it or anything - i think that would be more difficult since there definitely isn't as much traffic as some of the other auction type sites.

i haven't bought through it yet, though!

10. I just bought an item on eCrater - not sure I care for the feedback system - buyers can leave feedback, sellers can't. Reason? Because buyers don't have to register to buy something.

I think mainly that eCrater is just under the radar - hopefully it will catch on - but then they might start charging fees. LOL.

11. I have never even heard of ecrater before until just recently. I just might have to try it sometime.

12. But the bay just switched to the same system - sellers are no longer allowed to leave negative feedback for buyers! I guess the difference is that they still require buyers to register, but honestly, it doesn't make much difference, since buyers could always just create a new account to buy (on evilbay) if they had unpaid strikes, or something.

13. A little off topic.. but YAY!!
    I made my FIRST ecrater sale tonight!!
    So unexpected yet welcome!!
    :wlae::wlae::wlae:

14. Good for you Cho!! So is it totally free to sell there?

15. Seems so!!