eCheck- Why?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. i luv echecks, i wish all my buyers paid with echecks, ther'es nothing better than piece of mind know ing your buyer can 't do credit card charge back.

2. Sending an echeck, perhaps they dont have a credit card attached to their paypal account.

3. is there a way to cancel echeck without incurring the fees or do the fees stick no matter what? thanks

4. funny, as i was reading this, someone bought from me and paid via echeck.. maybe even creepy...

5. I hate them and I refuse to accept them. I had one bounce from a buyer, said that it would take an additional 2 weeks to clear. After several emails to the buyer, I was instructed (per paypal) to refund them to cancel it out. I had to open a dispute to get my FVF back, what a pain. The buyer ended up with 4 negative's in a month. I heard from them a month later, asking me if the bag was still for sale...I ignored them.

6. :yes:

7. sorry to ask a silly question, but if your paypal is linked to your checking account, and that is your primary source of funds, isnt it sort of like an echeck? how is echeck different?

8. ^ sorry, i guess that question was answered on page one. seems like its a way for people without CCs to use paypal. seems like it could be a good thing, and a bad thing all at the same time.. i will have to do some reading on paypals site today.
    so to the people who do not except them.. do you just say so in your listing, "I do not except echecks"? or like excepting anyother type of check, cant you just wait for it to clear before shipping? that would be safe i suppose..

9. I accidently paid with echeck one time. I had every good intention. It was an expensive item, the seller just told me I would have to wait a little longer until it cleared. I was okay with that.

10. Twice, I have tried to send designer purse sellers instant payments and have been denied and had to send an echeck (I couldn't do instant payment, was only given e-check option). When I did some research it seems that like paypal *might* think people engaging in high money transactions are fraudulent and restrict them to only receiving payment by e-check for some reason.

I've read that a couple places. The one I can remember off the top of my head is here (3rd paragraph from bottom): http://paypalsucks.com/PayPalFormerEmployee2.shtml

11. This is a great info! Thanks for sharing.

12. I have a personal paypal account and it only lets me send an e-check.