eCheck Question?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi, everyone - I'm new here, with a question. I just started selling on eBay about 6 months ago, and have almost 100 positive feedback, but never have dealt with this issue. I sold an item on Monday. Buyer paid today via eCheck, and Paypal says it should clear on 9-21 to 9-25. I know I have 7 days to ship to be covered by Seller Protection - is it 7 days after the auction ends, 7 days after she INITIATED the eCheck, or 7 days after the eCheck clears? Just want to make sure I do this right. Thanks, all!

2. Don't ship it until the cheque clears ! No no no . Sometimes these things never clear.

3. ^ agreed! If the e-cheque bounces you'll have to payment and no item as well!

4. it's 7 days from when Paypal tells you it's "OK to Ship". Paypal when tell you if it's ok after the check clears.

5. Just wondering, was it an International sale?

6. ^same thing ship until paypal notified you that the e-check has cleared.

7. Thank you - that's what I needed to know. I am well aware not to ship until I have payment in hand, so I was going to refuse or return the eCheck or whatever, if eBay/Paypal expected me to ship BEFORE the funds were cleared. :smile:

8. No, I only sell to U.S. addresses - I don't have time or patience to deal with Int'l buyers. :smile:

9. Great advice here, just want to add that e-checks takes forever to clear.

10. It should be 4 business days. I just had one.