Ebene lovers - what do you think of the variations in canvas colors?

truelvoe

May 11, 2014
IMG_1484258539.413158.jpg
IMG_1484258562.966888.jpg
Couldn't find a thread where the preferences are discussed and whether the differences in brown shades bother other ebene lovers. It's hard to take a pic but IRL it's super noticeable- even my not-so-connoisseur friends think it's extreme. on the left is my old speedy which is from April 2016 and in the middle is the replacement one from December 2016. I definitely prefer the color of the new speedy. What about you? Not only is the color different but also the canvas is a lot thicker on the newer one as one can see on the pic how the opening is sagging down on my old speedy ( which was like that already when she was new). Does anyone else check several bags because of these variations? I have quite a few ebene bags but the thickness of my old speedy really bothered me and so I decided to go in and check out some of the other speedies and was amazed at the variations. What do you think?

My Neverfull has a more yellowy tinge like the middle bag in your picture, while my Speedy B looks like the left one. I find that I don't like the yellow tinge, but I try to ignore it because I love the bag itself, and it's not like I would exchange for that reason.

Reactions: foxylock
I've had a few DE over the years and none are the same. My good friend was an operations manager at a LV store for over ten years and she said age, use, climate and sun exposure all can change the tones. Also the interior fabric can play a role in the differences I've noticed. They also don't all come from the same mixture of the coating so there's that as well. ;)

All of the canvas prints have variations in their colours, often between seasons but sometimes batches, and as long as it falls within specifications set by LV then it's all good to be made into purses/slgs. My Delightful (darker brown undertone) is different from either my Cles or my Pochette Accessories (reddish undertones) and when I had my Emilie and NF (unusually light brown/gold undertone) they were slightly different as well - even my mono pieces have slight differences. It just makes them all the more unique.

This is interesting. I find that I prefer the reddish tinge that some DE pieces have (like the one on the right in the photo above). Others have a yellowish tinge (like the one in the middle) while others are more neutral (like the one in the left). I thought I was going crazy when I noticed the difference.

Reactions: Sonmi999
I actually just noticed this between my Speedy B and cles - I'm glad it's not my eyes going out on me! :tup:
It doesn't bother me but I'm glad to know it's normal!

It bothers me a bit. I prefer my DE to have red undertones (like my Keepall)) rather than yellowish undertones (like my PDV). The difference in color is quite noticeable when they are side-by-side.

DSCF7009-2.jpg