Ebene - Is It The New Black?

I can't hepl you for Ebene,but,I'm quiet always weared in black,and yesterday,I took my first Birkin in chocolate.All these browns(ebene,marron foncé,choc.)are gorgeous matched with colors too.
For me,always dressed in black,I wanted a bag which have relief,it's sober but this brown is gorgeous with all my black coats!If it was black,I was affraid my bag "disappears".
Black+Brown=:tup:

Ebene is GORGEOUS as an alternative to black but I think Havane, with it's SLIGHT reddish undertones is also stunning when worn with black.

Although, I use my Havane bag most when I'm wearing browns.......

Yes, Marron fonce does seem darker than ebene. In the sunlight the purplish undertones come out.
In togo I find ebene to look like a true dark brown--honestly, I don't think that it is dark enough to look black, even in low light. I can't quite say the same for MF--that actually can look very dark in lower light.
I am always surprised how light chocolate looks next to ebene.

Thanks for the kind words, Mai Tai. I love my bolides!! Now, if I could just wear a scarf like you effortlessly do! I still look like I played dress-up in someone else's closet...

Here's Baggaholic's marron fonce fjord Birkin with GH! It looks a thousand times more gorgeous IRL! :drool::drool::drool:

attachment.php

You, my friend, need a pop of (dark) color! You'd look great with prune or BdP or rouge H. But, of course, ebene is lovely and you couldn't go wrong with an ebene bag.

Angelfish your Birkin is beyond beautiful! :tender:

Awwww thank you Mai Tai. And I adore your sense of style with scarves :tender:, much harder to come by than a Birkin.

I do think Ebene is THE darkest brown, as others have said, Havanne and Marron Fonce have reddish or purple undertones while Ebene has... I dunno... more brown, I guess LoL

I am glad to see you appear to be close to a decision, Ms L.

Lulilu :smooch:

I decided to take the pressure off of you and move on to a larger group for input

RC - it's a secret for now ;)

Ninjy - This is a huge step for me...as you know, I'm a black and bright colored girl!

And I must say - the rest of you are master enablers...Now I'm craving all different shades of brown :smile:

Last edited:
I have an ebene evercalf and it is a great colour that goes with black and brown. In the past I never paired black and brown together, but this colour makes a sophisticated look and now I wear black and brown. Also, in the sun, the red comes through.

Attachments

• IMG_6656.jpg
    IMG_6656.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 565
Reactions: Virevolte
I was so close to getting a Ebene Evergraine Birkin GHW it was so tempting,in the end I got the Etoupe Birkin with PH.Both so different but both so,so beautiful.The Etoupe won simply because I already had a Black Box Kelly but it was a close draw.

Oh liness, how beautifully Ebene comes out in Evercalf!! I have not seen this combo before, so gorgeous!

Such a treat to see so many different Ebene bags in this thread ~

crochetbella, ck21 and Angelfish :heart::heart:
attachment.php

MaiTai - You are so right. Ladies - Thank You for posting pics of your bags to help me learn to love ebene :heart:

liness - sophisticated is the perfect word to describe your bag.

crochetbella - your picotin is perfect. The bag I'm considering is also ebene clemence so your picture and comments helped me more than you know :yes:

Ebene is a versatile, beautiful dark brown. I'd give it a try! You will look fab with your brown riding boots and an ebene bag! :drool: :flowers:

My 35cm ebene ford Birkin:

IMG_0452.jpg

Last edited: