Ebay's Vero program led me to stop my 100k+ Vuitton collection

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Like a lot of your people here I've been bitten by the Vero bug on Ebay. They removed some of my Vuitton listings which were absolutely authentic. The funny thing is the reason why vero exists is that LV wants to protect its image to bring in more business for them. Well I've been a Vuitton fanatic over the last 5 or 6 years ever since I was in high school. Over the years I've bought just about anything imaginable from there from ready to wear, jewelry, shoes, and of course their bags. I haven't counted exactly, but I have spent at least 100k over the years there. Ever since they gave me trouble about selling some items of mine over Ebay I haven't bought a new Vuitton item in about 4 months and I'm not sure if I ever intend to again. I'm over it. They aren't going to tell me what to do with the items I've purchased, period. There are no shortage of other designers and lesser known italian luxury goods companies that I can take my money to.

Staying away from LV, Gucci, etc. They can kiss my @ss. :smile:

Strangely, Chanel or Hermes (2 other big names) has never caused me any trouble, maybe because they actually do hire educated people that know what they are authenticating on Ebay, something Vuitton should explore. OVER THEM!

2. I stopped buying LV because I was spending a small fortune returning stuff to Eluxury due to quality issues, but eBay's new policies have made me rethink my purchases in general. Or I should say, that they're one of the reasons that I'm now buying things I plan to keep without the seed of the idea floating around in my head that I could sell it at a later date.

I have some Tiffany silver, the odd Hermes piece, designer jewelry...and I'm wondering how tough it's going to be to have a listing last. And then there's the scammer stuff to worry about as well.

3. Staying away from LV, Gucci, etc. They can kiss my @ss. :smile:

More money for 100x more bags!! :tup:
    Try Radley if you like leathers, auctions are not monitored, excellent workmanship and used bags can escalate in value!

4. I have also gone off L.V. Bags, I have one last one I am selling on ebay and that's it, I found their policy on authentic L.V very discouraging so now I am a Chloe and C.Dior plus Mulberry.

5. where can i read these policies on LV?

6. My listing for some authentic Louis Vuitton also removed by Ebay without any specific explanation. And I think I'm getting tired of selling LV on Ebay :P.