Ebay's Shoes & Purses Forum crashes and burns

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the thing is the authenticators did it for free. No discount, special dispensation or anything. And it is done by consensus, just like here. Everyone jumps on those who report stuff without being 100% positive something is fake.

And the thing is the authenticators did it for free. No discount, special dispensation or anything. And it is done by consensus, just like here. Everyone jumps on those who report stuff without being 100% positive something is fake.
NSP, not completely without compensation. I heard that some authenticators got a 3x5 agenda/calendar booklet once. (Hmmm, wonder if it was authentic.)

Just got pink slapped on that board because I mentioned someone was suspended. I don't even know who it was.... However, I'm sure eBay was ticked because I mentioned that the authenticators affected eBays bottom line.

That's Griff who is removing the posts - he does all the board stuff. He's a real peach NOT. He's a nasty, evil embecile.

I think Ebay's more mad that the media is now getting the story and their golden cow - the trusted reporters that worked in silence for so long are now talking.

The sh*t is going to fly because Griff sided with a counterfeit seller and then let his ego get in the way of common sense.

Man has does that guy even have a job? He should have been fired LONG ago. For the comments about wanting the "cheap clothing peddlers" gone to his insulting comments about the posters on the Seller Central board - he talks publicly such disparaging ways about the sellers, it's really awful to listen to.

For me, the first clue should have been when they stopped utilizing their Volunteer Program... that was the point when I knew they didn't care about their long standing members.

In the meantime, bring the "disputive element" over here. Where queries as to authenticity and reporters of fakes are still welcome.:smile:

LOVE Ina's blog.. and the fact that she has opened another venue up for public comment that GRRR cannot edit.

AND that SHE is reading what is being said here on PF....THANKS FOR READING, INA!

Aficionados of designer handbags also discussed the eBay brouhaha on the Purse Blog forums, where one poster wrote, "In the meantime, bring the "disputive element" over here. Where queries as to authenticity and reporters of fakes are still welcome."

AND... she quoted my post here in her blog! I feel honored!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Oh my! She quoted a couple of mine too! lol
I am not that familiar with this board and will now go read more, but are we able to get authenication questions answered here?
I hope I see some of the wonderful folks from the board here.

Originally Posted by noshoepolish And the thing is the authenticators did it for free. No discount, special dispensation or anything. And it is done by consensus, just like here. Everyone jumps on those who report stuff without being 100% positive something is fake.

NSP, not completely without compensation. I heard that some authenticators got a 3x5 agenda/calendar booklet once. (Hmmm, wonder if it was authentic.)

Oh, it was authentic, all right. Authentic Griff-approved Ebay Vinyl. Made in China.

Wonder if I should have it tested for lead content? Maybe they've been trying to slowly poison us.

I am not that familiar with this board and will now go read more, but are we able to get authenication questions answered here?

YES Ma'am... See the BLUE AUTHENTICATE THIS THREAD drop-down above these posts? That will take you straight to most of the AUTH THIS threads for the major designers. Others can be found in FORUM JUMP drop-down, "Authenticate this".

Last edited:

Absolutely!

It may take a few days to figure out the Site map, but for Coach there is one main Coach forum and Coach Shopping, Coach Reference Library and Coach PCE cards are sub-forums of the main forum. Authenticity questions should be asked by navigating to COACH - Coach Shopping - Authenticate This Coach. Read the first post in the thread about how the request should be worded - and we ASK for the seller's name here, BTW - and go to the LAST page in the thread to ask your question.

Here's the Authenticate thread link:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/authenticate-this-coach-535153.html

Most of the highline brand and midline brand purses forums will have an Authenticate thread.

There's also a pretty good pinned thread called Answers to Authenticity Questions that has some good information too:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-shopping/answers-to-authenticity-questions-94198.html

"I hope I see some of the wonderful folks from the board here."

Oh, we're here. You may not recognise the names, but we're here.

Welcome to tPF! :biggrin:

I've been slapped so much over on that board today that if I didn't know the source my feelings might be hurt. Although truth be told I did tell the person that started this whole mess to kiss my ***. Inappropriate and immature, I know, I know. Oh yeah another slap I received that I reckon I deserved was in the "Heard any good jokes lately". I joke I told had the F word in it. The word was fart, was a pretty funny joke too.

*Waves Hi*:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.