Ebay's Global Shipping Program Sucks

caannie

Mother of Dachshunds
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
I purchased a $450 wallet from a UK seller 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately they shipped the item using eBay's global Shipping program. They shipped the item immediately and it arrived at eBay's shipping service within a few days. The item was sent to the United States and has been sitting at a facility in Atlanta, Georgia for 14 days now. USPS says they don't have the item and eBay says it's with USPS. Meanwhile today was the last day the item had to be delivered. So tomorrow I guess I'm going to have to file item not received after waiting 3 weeks and having the item sitting in a distribution center 2 hours from me for 2 weeks. The seller is responsive and and lovely to deal with. He wants me to go ahead and file a claim too. It's a shame because I could have bought another wallet just like this one for a lower price if I had known this was never going to arrive. It could still arrive but I'm not sure why it's been sitting in Atlanta for 14 days unless someone stole it.

This may not help but I was given this tracking site to use with eBay global shipping program when items I mailed that way just disappeared. Maybe you can see the item's progress in a way that will help. The items I mailed tracked here but not on any other carrier site. Good luck.

Thanks! It shows me the same as USPS tracking, but I appreciate the link nonetheless!

01 Sep 2021
12:34
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item. Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 12:34 pm on September 1, 2021 in ATLANTA, GA 30349. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
ATLANTA, GA

Thanks! It shows me the same as USPS tracking, but I appreciate the link nonetheless!

01 Sep 2021
12:34
Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item. Your item arrived at a shipping partner facility at 12:34 pm on September 1, 2021 in ATLANTA, GA 30349. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.
ATLANTA, GA

That's an interesting scan. I've seen similar USPS scans when I buy books from resellers on Amazon. I've been told that it means that your package is in a large 'bin' or 'stash' of packages from one shipper (eBay in this case) and cannot be individually scanned until that load of packages is sorted. I know this isn't helpful particularly but more like a translation of USPS speak.

That's an interesting scan. I've seen similar USPS scans when I buy books from resellers on Amazon. I've been told that it means that your package is in a large 'bin' or 'stash' of packages from one shipper (eBay in this case) and cannot be individually scanned until that load of packages is sorted. I know this isn't helpful particularly but more like a translation of USPS speak.
Whenever I have an Amazon package that stays in this status for more than 2 days past delivery date they say "Oh, no! Your package may be lost! Click here for a refund." It's happened a lot lately.

Reactions: Roro
This doesn't happen often and for me, it's only domestic shipping, but when I ship an item and tracking stops for an extended period, I file a missing mail request. I believe it ultimately goes to the final destination facility or it goes to the place where it's stuck, but I've found that filing that report seems to shake it loose and tracking restarts within a couple of days.

This doesn't happen often and for me, it's only domestic shipping, but when I ship an item and tracking stops for an extended period, I file a missing mail request. I believe it ultimately goes to the final destination facility or it goes to the place where it's stuck, but I've found that filing that report seems to shake it loose and tracking restarts within a couple of days.

Thanks for the link! I filed the initial case report. Hopefully that will shake it loose.

I reported to eBay that the item hadn't arrived yet. It just said it would notify the seller and they had until the 21st to respond and then I could ask eBay to step in. I thought that would give the package another 6 days to possibly show up. I guess since the seller used eBay's shipping service it was up to eBay to refund me and they just did! I sent a message to the seller to make sure they didn't take the money from him since it's not his fault, but it appears the refund came directly from eBay.

What happens if the item shows up in a week or two? Do I contact eBay and let them know it did show up finally?

I reported to eBay that the item hadn't arrived yet. It just said it would notify the seller and they had until the 21st to respond and then I could ask eBay to step in. I thought that would give the package another 6 days to possibly show up. I guess since the seller used eBay's shipping service it was up to eBay to refund me and they just did! I sent a message to the seller to make sure they didn't take the money from him since it's not his fault, but it appears the refund came directly from eBay.

What happens if the item shows up in a week or two? Do I contact eBay and let them know it did show up finally?
Did the seller reply to your message asking if she lost the money? If so, I'd pay the seller for the item if it arrives. If the refund came from ebay, you can contact them and ask how they want to be reimbursed.

I'm glad to hear that ebay did handle it as there have been a few nightmarish posts on ebay's boards, some leaving sellers and others leaving buyers taking the loss. (I'm not sure how appeals went.)

Did the seller reply to your message asking if she lost the money? If so, I'd pay the seller for the item if it arrives. If the refund came from ebay, you can contact them and ask how they want to be reimbursed.

I'm glad to hear that ebay did handle it as there have been a few nightmarish posts on ebay's boards, some leaving sellers and others leaving buyers taking the loss. (I'm not sure how appeals went.)
The seller replied that they did not take the money from him (thank goodness!) and was very sorry I never got the item. Seems fair since it was eBay's responsibility to get it here. I wonder if they will go after the shipping service? I still want it so if it ever does appear I'd be happy to pay for it again.

Reactions: BeenBurned
Update: The package showed up a week after it was refunded. I called eBay Concierge and asked them how they would like me to pay for it. They told me to contact the seller. I told them that the seller had confirmed that eBay refunded my purchase, that they were not out any money. I told them I needed to reimburse eBay, not the seller. They told me "We have no mechanism in place for you to do that at this time." I said ok, just trying to keep it honest, if you ever find a way let me know.

Hi,
I would appreciate some advice too on the global shipping programme.
I have ordered two items( a bag charm and a bag) from I Love Dooney via their Ebay shop. As I live in the UK, i was using their global shipping service.
The bag charm arrived in two weeks but they had to cancel the order of the bag, they promptly refund me the amount I paid for the bag but ""not the shipping and import tax". ILD claimed that it is Ebay's responsibility and Ebay said it is the seller?
The missing part of the refund is around $50 so I am quite disappointed with both Ebay and ILD Ebay.
Any advice would be appreciated.