eBay's 30 day selling limit for selling a type of item? SUCKS!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I've tried to sell a particular item for a while and to relist it immediately after the 7 day period. I get the message that I cannot relist...that ebay is enforcing a limit on the number of time I can list in a 30 day period for this type of item.

"You've reached the 30-day selling limit for the type of item you're trying to list."

So, I feel I have once a month to try to sell this item. Makes no sense to me AT ALL. I have 100% positive feedback. I've only got a little over 30 feedbacks/sales but all super positive. I told the rep, if I don't sell, ebay doesn't get commission...makes no sense.

2. Have you thought to list it with a buy it now, good till gone listing?

I had limits when I first started selling too.

Also, anytime that you edit a listing it counts as a new listing. I learned that the hard way.

3. I had no idea! Thank you for telling me... I edit constantly!!

4. I had that happen and I just called ebay and they lifted my limit. I guess this is for every seller, but you can have it waived/lifted. I just happened to buy a few bags and decided I liked other ones better and sold!

5. The rep can allow you to relist once....not so you can relist over and over until it sells. I was told they will review my feedbacks but the reason was that I didn't have enough history during the last 9 or 12 months. So frustrating! Told her that if I can't sell the bag continuously, I can lose out on the potential buyer.

They will review my feedbacks on the 20th of this month and a decision could be made to set a higher selling limit for me. Still...positive feedbacks and a high priced item that I want to sell....hmmm...sure would make sense to just let me sell it. Right?

6. That is a good idea. I may do that the next time I am able to relist.

Editing doesn't have anything to do with it. Once the listing ends, say in 7 days, I'm sure many just choose to relist. The restriction prohibits you from doing that until like almost a month passes...so you are basically only able to try selling that item once a month.

7. Do a Buy It Now listing with or without Best Offer and select the 30 day option. Then you can relist immediately if you need to.