ebay's 30 day restriction...why?!

nancyxwu

handbag addict
Jan 10, 2010
Several auctions of mine have ended, some sold, some have not. I went to go relist and there's that stupid 30 day restriction telling me I can't relist these designer things because blah blah blah.

What is more frustrating are buyers who have emailed me asking me to relist because they missed or are trying to work out a BIN price for me. I suggested to them I can list on bonanzle but it's not as much protection for them and can totally understand if they stay away...but it was the best thing I can do since I don't want to break rules and sell outside of ebay. It's a very frustrating rule!

Anyone know a good outcome of this rule? Would definitely make me feel better if I can see some good in this..

Grrr.

when selling certain designer bags there is a 30 day limit as to how much you can sell esp as a new seller....for ex coach, LV, etc will have this 30 day limit....also every time you revise a listing it will take away from your "limit".....i went thru it as a new seller last year and it is annoying i know....but there is nothing you can do about it unfortunately....ebay wants to make sure you are getting good FB from the buyers esp when selling these items,,,,hence the limit....

i remember last year when i started ppl were saying you need 50 or 100 positives??? hopefully someone else will chime in....i really only sell once in a while now so i cant remember,,,,

I don't sell items in this range, so I have no experience with the 30 day thing, but is it possible to arrange a BIN, do a new no-name listing just for that buyer? I have seen ebay listings titles something like "Special Private Listing". I don't know what the rules are on this, just throwing out an idea. Has anyone done this?

Several auctions of mine have ended, some sold, some have not. I went to go relist and there's that stupid 30 day restriction telling me I can't relist these designer things because blah blah blah.

What is more frustrating are buyers who have emailed me asking me to relist because they missed or are trying to work out a BIN price for me. I suggested to them I can list on bonanzle but it's not as much protection for them and can totally understand if they stay away...but it was the best thing I can do since I don't want to break rules and sell outside of ebay. It's a very frustrating rule!

Anyone know a good outcome of this rule? Would definitely make me feel better if I can see some good in this..

Grrr.

After my feedback count reached 100 ebay permanently lifted my restrictions so I can list as much as I want. It takes time (unfortunately) and good feedback before they will do this.

I have been selling on ebay for several years. I have over 750 all 100% positive feedback. My account is in excellent standing, my seller rating says I "exceed" expectation and I have a store. Yet I am also on a 30 day ban. I have sold a variety of items in the past but have recently been concentrating on Coach products. I have went through my entire history with Ebay and they said it was because I just started selling coach. Does anyone know how long until this ban might be lifted???

I've gotten the 30 day restriction many times over the past year (soooo frustrating), and I was *shocked* when they sent me an email today saying that they had lifted my limits (rather than the stock rejection email). It's an absurd rule, especially since they're so secretive as to what the limit is. Usually I send an angry email (because it makes me so mad that they will let you buy and buy, but not sell your own personal items), but this time I asked nicely. Not sure if that had anything to do with it (probably not). I have 500+ transactions, and 100% rating, but even when I had 300+ (100%) I still got the 30 day rule.

The email said that they just lifted the limit, it doesn't say by how much etc. so it's still stressful. I have to lower my prices just to make sure my items will sell in case I can't list again, but then there's always the (excellent) chance of getting a NPB that will take away from your limit - grrrrr.