eBayers who DON'T leave feedback

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
This one of my biggest pet peeves- sure, it's not as bad as having a negative or neutral left, but if I put in the effort to be a good buyer/ seller then I feel that the least that they could do is take 5 seconds leave feedback! I've probably been screwed out of at least another half-dozen feedbacks this way. Has anyone else had this experience?

Yes! I don't understand why people do not leave feedback when it has been a good transaction. I always leave positive feedback to the sellers that I am very happy with and expect them to the same. I have at least a dozen feedacks that were not left for me too! Oh well, at least no feedback is better than negative!

I usually send a message to the seller when I receive the shipment to let them know it has arrived – this usually gets them to leave feedback.

As a seller I dont leave feedback until its left for me and when I know a buyer has received their item I send them an email and ask them to please leave me pos feedback so I can do the same. As a buyer I leave feedback when I get my item.

One of my biggest pet peeves too....as a seller I also don't leave feedback until I receive feedback from buyer and I've got probably over 20 or so who have never left feedback.

The only reason I haven't left feedback for a seller, in the past, is that I have been very unhappy with the item and/or the seller's behaviour; but have been worried that if I leave a negative, or a neutral, I will receive revenge feedback.

I would definitely leave a neg, or a neutral, if I had a bad experience now, though. :yes:

I can understand how that is annoying. Although I've never sold anything before, I've left feedback for sellers (not even power sellers/sellers with super high feedback) all the time, and there's about 10 sellers who never left me feedback...and it's not like they're super busy, they just seem to pick and choose whom they like to give feedback to.

Oh, yeah. I buy only, don't sell. I pay immediately, contact the seller when the auction ends to let them know I will notify when the item arrives, I promptly leave feedback, and STILL several couldn't be bothered to leave feedback for me. On some expensive items, too! I hate it, but it's voluntary, so there's not a thing we can do about it.

Same thing that has happened to me and it annoys me to no end. Like boxermom I only buy. I am an excellent cutomer who pays immediately and leaves feedback. I just don't get it.

AJ

I wish people did it too. . . I actually wish it was mandatory, because then maybe people would have the nerve to leave negatives when people earn them.
I have 418 feedback, but have left 518!!!!!!!!!! Clearly, I do not hold feedback hostage!

Since I have nearly 700 positives (that includes multiple purchases from the same seller(s), I really don't care one way or the other. I can see it bothering a new eBayer that's trying to establish their reputation, but once you get over 50-100, doesn't seem worth worrying about. There were times in the past when I was new to eBay that if I left feedback and wasn't given feedback in return, I'd send the seller a very polite email asking if they could take a second to return the favor since I was trying to build my reputation. I can't recall a single seller that turned me down, especially since I had already left them positive feedback.

And as boxermom says it IS voluntary, so some people obviously exercise that option. :shrugs:

I'm with you ladies - a buyer, not a seller. I wish it was mandatory too - it h helps future customers.
I've had to message people multiple times to get feedback (after leaving mine). It helps a little, but I'm still waiting for some of them!

I used to only buy but now I sell as well. Not bags but just random things like books I've finished reading. I ALWAYS include this little note with everything that says something like "I'll be sure to leave positive feedback for you when I know you're happy with your item."
Yet I still don't get feedback from them, sometimes even after leaving it for them!

I sell and buy and had gotten behind on fb lately. i just caught up this week- i think i left like 20 fb. sometimes i let it build up a little. but i am the same as someone else said: as a buyer leave immediately unless i am pissed- then nothing. or just "thanks" like this week for a seller who i paid 6 bucks shipping to and she shipped first class for 1.77. omg i was not happy. as a seller i wait until i get fb then i leave it.

i was hoping to hit 500 fb and a new star by the new year but i only have 445. in reality i have so many people who never left fb it's so frustrating. i want a new star dammit. lol

like this week for a seller who i paid 6 bucks shipping to and she shipped first class for 1.77. omg i was not happy.

Depending on what it was and how well the item was packaged, $6 isn't much for shipping. You are a seller and a buyer, I am as well. I know as a seller that the shipping charge isn't only to pay the postage. It's to cover boxes, packing materials (tape, popcorn, whatever) and a trip to the post office or UPS store. It also covers my time in prepping the item for shipment, printing materials for my computer since I print my own shipping labels. I also invested in my own postage scale since I print my own labels. Buyers need to be more cognizant that shipping fees aren't just the amount of postage they see on the package.

Sure, some sellers try to pad the price and overcharge, but it's pretty obvious in the listing. If someone is selling say a DVD and wants a $15 S&H charge, it's pretty obvious that this is WAY over reasonable and I personally would keep looking for the same item with a shipping charge more in line with the item including the size/weight/distance from my home. I don't think a lot of buyers understand that postage rates don't just involve the weight of the package, but how FAR you are from the seller. I'm in NC and it costs me a heck of a lot more to ship to CA than to say West Virginia.