Ebayer lied about items age

I purchased a Hermes clic clac on eBay and the seller stated in the listing it was purchased 4 months ago and would come with packaging, dust bag and receipt - so I was happy to pay more for a fairly new item. The receipt states that the item was purchased in July 2016 and has more wear and tear than the pictures show.

What is the best way to go about this? Ask for a return, or partial refund, if so how much % would be appropriate?

Sadly no. The eBayer stated:

"Bought it New 4 month ago in the Hermes store in Stockholm sweden for 685 $, of course it comes with original box, dustbag and reciept."

The receipt states it was purchase July 25, 2016.

Why would the seller lie about its age?! Especially since he/she included the receipt with the item sold to you. I’d ask for a full refund since you’re saying the items isn’t as new as stated. If you still wanna keep it though, I’d ask for a partial refund at least. Can’t tell you how much in % I’d ask the seller to lower the price since you didn’t include pictures in your post, but go with whatever amount you’d feel comfortable paying for this bag.

Right!? I'm so confused by it all.

Also because the seller was listed to be in the US, but it would have to be returned to Sweden. I also never received the tracking. And, the images used for the listing aren't of the actual listing.

I'm trying to take pictures later this week, but it definitely looks older than 4 months.

I'm also now wondering if I should get it authenticated, or not. I did ask http://bababebi.com for a quote, but she sadly doesn't authenticate Clic Clacs.

I purchased a Hermes clic clac on eBay and the seller stated in the listing it was purchased 4 months ago and would come with packaging, dust bag and receipt - so I was happy to pay more for a fairly new item. The receipt states that the item was purchased in July 2016 and has more wear and tear than the pictures show.

What is the best way to go about this? Ask for a return, or partial refund, if so how much % would be appropriate?

Sadly no. The eBayer stated:

"Bought it New 4 month ago in the Hermes store in Stockholm sweden for 685 $, of course it comes with original box, dustbag and reciept."

The receipt states it was purchase July 25, 2016.

Right!? I'm so confused by it all.

Also because the seller was listed to be in the US, but it would have to be returned to Sweden. I also never received the tracking. And, the images used for the listing aren't of the actual listing.

I'm trying to take pictures later this week, but it definitely looks older than 4 months.

I'm also now wondering if I should get it authenticated, or not. I did ask http://bababebi.com for a quote, but she sadly doesn't authenticate Clic Clacs.
Would you mind posting a link to the listing?

1. Attempt to resolve with the seller before opening a SNAD dispute.
2. If seller agrees to the return (or if she has a return policy), make it clear that because of the misrepresentation, you will want a full refund and return shipping paid by the seller.
3. If the seller doesn't agree to make you whole, open SNAD, with reason for dispute as misrepresented as 4 months old but receipt showing purchase as almost 2 years ago in July, 2016 and wear and tear worse than described
4. Unfortunately, because it's an international sale, you may be required to cover return shipping although (IMO) an honorable seller who erred would pay for it.
5. If she makes you fight for the return, open a dispute and pay for return shipping for a misleading listing, you can leave what you consider to be appropriate feedback. But wait until the case is all over to do so.

ETA: Another misrepresentation is that item location was shown to be US but it came from Sweden. That's something that needs to be pointed out in the dispute because it's a violation of ebay rules.

Thanks so much for all the advice.

After a lot of back and fourth with the seller it got a new bracelet. This time a VERY obvious fake (gold box, orange pouch, no receipt, and the bracelet couldn't be more fake if it tried).

I told the seller to refund me in full by 4pm, or I will report all of this to eBay. Hopefully this will get resolved.

Would you mind posting a link to the listing?
I'll asked again! ^^^^^

Thanks so much for all the advice.

After a lot of back and fourth with the seller it got a new bracelet. This time a VERY obvious fake (gold box, orange pouch, no receipt, and the bracelet couldn't be more fake if it tried).

I told the seller to refund me in full by 4pm, or I will report all of this to eBay. Hopefully this will get resolved.
Clearly, this seller is a scammer and if for no other reason, I'd like to keep a record of her ID so I know never to purchase from her!

Got your PM.

Apparently, you don't want to disclose the seller or the listing which is fine, though I don't believe the seller's story.

With that said, I'm not sure why you thought the listing showed the seller as being in the US. The seller's location shows as Sweden (in the profile) and the item location does show as his city in Sweden.

So that's the only thing that WASN'T a violation!

The brand new seller, jamalm-49 (0 ) opened the ebay account on March 22 and on March 27 listed a brand new Hermes belt that was sold for $150 and on March 28, the fake bracelet that the OP bought.

Although I appreciate newbies and haven't had issues with newbies as buyers, I (personally) wouldn't buy highly faked luxury items at prices that are too good to be true from them!

@Washingtonian18, I'm glad you got your refund.

Reactions: ironic568
Got your PM.

Apparently, you don't want to disclose the seller or the listing which is fine, though I don't believe the seller's story.

With that said, I'm not sure why you thought the listing showed the seller as being in the US. The seller's location shows as Sweden (in the profile) and the item location does show as his city in Sweden.

So that's the only thing that WASN'T a violation!

The listing does say "item location: Vadstena, United States". Unfortunately Vadstena is in Sweden, Tho I suppose there could be a town, village city somewhere in the USA that has that name? Either way, clearly the seller did that to give the illusion of being a US seller. Not sure everyone would check the seller profile when the listing states item is in US. The seller appears to be a scammer...zero feedback and just opened this eBay account March 22, 2018........ any chance eBay will remove them?