ebay won't let me list item...help, what am i doing wrong?

LaDonna

Feb 18, 2006
has this ever happened to any of you before? i was trying to edit my listing and it said this:

"Attention Seller: In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. At this time, you are not able to list this item.
We sincerely value you as a member of our trading community and look forward to a continued successful relationship.
Click here for a window with eBay's policy on replica or counterfeit items
Click here for more information on limits that may affect your selling activity"

i don't understand :confused1: is ebay accusing me of selling a fake? the item i listed is authenic and i know so b/c i purchased it myself from elux. what do i do now?

NO, a lot of new sellers open shop on Ebay and have a field day listing their counterfeit merchandise. Thats why they limit what you can list. Are you new to Ebay? Whats your feedback? You are only allowed to list so many high end designer things in a certain time span.

Do you have any other listings for high end items already?

Yes, that happens to me too. I'm fairly new to ebay too, normally they limit the number of HIGH END items (e.g., LV, Chanel) that can be listed within 7 days period.

It's pretty common. Even if you're not new to Ebay, it still happens. I just recently started selling a few LVs and I am apparently restricted to how many I can sell. I went to go re-list one recently and got the same message, so I just have to wait it out. If you haven't sold high-end items before, you may want to start out by selling some less expensive items first and then gradually build up to the higher end ones. Good luck to you! :smile:

NO, a lot of new sellers open shop on Ebay and have a field day listing their counterfeit merchandise. Thats why they limit what you can list. Are you new to Ebay? Whats your feedback? You are only allowed to list so many high end designer things in a certain time span.

Do you have any other listings for high end items already?

i guess i am kind of new to ebay. even though i had the account for a while now, i really haven't used it that much until now. i only have 5 feedbacks. i really have more (not that much more), but for some reason i'm only getting credited for 5. i don't understand that either. i listed 2 designer items. i haven't checked my other auction, but as of yesterday that one was fine.

It's pretty common. Even if you're not new to Ebay, it still happens. I just recently started selling a few LVs and I am apparently restricted to how many I can sell. I went to go re-list one recently and got the same message, so I just have to wait it out. If you haven't sold high-end items before, you may want to start out by selling some less expensive items first and then gradually build up to the higher end ones. Good luck to you! :smile:

i can only sell 1 designer item at a time? i was thinking maybe i should start off little, but then decided against it. i try some cheaper items and see how that goes.

Yes, that happens to me too. I'm fairly new to ebay too, normally they limit the number of HIGH END items (e.g., LV, Chanel) that can be listed within 7 days period.

that sucks! so i guess i'll give it another try in a week or so.

I also gert this message...and it's not just for how many items you can list - it's for how many itmes you can list or EDIT!! I had an auction scheduled to start and was going to edit to add pix and I got that message.....I had to cancel and wait it out for 7 days.

As for feedback, they have to be from unique users so if one sent you 2 feedbacks, it only shows up as one. HTH!

I also gert this message...and it's not just for how many items you can list - it's for how many itmes you can list or EDIT!! I had an auction scheduled to start and was going to edit to add pix and I got that message.....I had to cancel and wait it out for 7 days.

As for feedback, they have to be from unique users so if one sent you 2 feedbacks, it only shows up as one. HTH!

i did edit my auction a few times. i would see one word that was wrong and then submit it and then i would find another after i had just re-submitted it. i know next time to do a spell check and make sure i take enough pics. so when this happens are you still charged for listing your auction?

I've been selling in ebay for 3 years now and have been a silver powerseller for 2 years with 100% (1,000+) positive feedback. I'm selling Victoria's Secret Bras most of the time and sells designer items when I see sales in the mall. I have sold quite a few coach bags and lacoste shirt that I purchased from Macy's before and now ebay restrict me from selling designer items too.

I have had 100% positive feedback for 8 years. I listed 3 bags as I am going to move out of state and return to school. I got the same thing. I can't even revise an item description on one.
I called Ebay, as I was a powerseller at one time and they told me they are cracking down on designer items because of the counterfeits. So certain words such as Louis Vuitton and Fendi will cause that process to happen and you will get that message.
I guess I am lucky I got that far.
I am wondering if you pay the $16 to open a store if that ban goes away, another way for ebay to get money?

Last edited:
I have had 100% positive feedback for 8 years. I listed 3 bags as I am going to move out of state and return to school. I got the same thing. I can't even revise an item description on one.
I called Ebay, as I was a powerseller at one time and they told me they are cracking down on designer items because of the counterfeits. So certain words such as Louis Vuitton and Fendi will cause that process to happen and you will get that message.
I guess I am lucky I got that far.
I am wondering if you pay the $16 to open a store if that ban goes away, another way for ebay to get money?

It does not matter if you have a store or not, my friend have a store and she just got the dreaded listing restrictions notice.

Same here! The last time I sold anything was in May and wanted to raise some extra funds. They hit me with a listing limit. Just out of curiosity, was the item you tried to list LV?