ebay - what is up with them?

stephanie14

Stephanie
Feb 18, 2008
All, I just need to vent. :amazed::amazed: I listed an authentic LV keepall bag - purchased myself at Louis Vuitton!!!! They removed it for copyright infringement!!!! I am so very upset. I would never sell anything that isn't authentic on ebay!!! What can we do to prevent this from happening - I don't even know what to do to fix the listing if I relist it!!! :rant::mad:

Thank you for listening! stephanie

eBay's new rules/restrictions are quite fanatical and difficult to understand.

The ladies of the eBay forum can sympathize and also help you !

well, they have been crazy. I've had transactions reversed, under investigation, all my listings removed, with reasons not explained to me, I just have to guess.
I am afraid to get any emails from them now, every time I see the ebay or paypal in my email box, my heart pounds, thinking that something bad must have happened again.
Sorry I can not help you because I have never sold LVs before. Good luck!

I am with you, S627Y. I am nervous everytime i open my email and see emails from ebay or paypal from my in box. I am nervous when I received email from buyer who already paid for the item. That just makes me nervous. Ebay is putting too much pressure on sellers. I wish I can quit ebay one day. =(

exactly!
I am quitting, I have the last few things that I don't want to keep, maybe I can get rid of them before the holidays. Then i'm good.
I finally cured my handbag addictions thanks to ebay and paypal. I think they might start charging these "addiction therapy" fees.

And I want to say it's not worth it, really. I always thought about the things I sold, average $300-$350 bags. I have been fortunate, nobody has asked for a return or complaint about the bags they received. But I always thought my luck will eventually run out, and gaining $20-$30 per bag is just not worth the risk.
Especially with those bad buyers claiming received empty boxes, and now ebay and paypal reversing payments after I ship out the bag.
Unless you are making a lot of money, it's really not worth it. Plus, there are things that will not sell, you have to sell 10 bags to cover the 1 you will not sell, which is added financial risks.

Last edited:
There are many threads and posts on this subject.

As I've posted in many of them,

Just because ebay removed your listing does not necessarily mean they thought your bag was not authentic. There are many reasons why they pull listings.

You might want to do a search on some of these threads as this is happening over and over, especially w/ LV bags.

All, I just need to vent. :amazed::amazed: I listed an authentic LV keepall bag - purchased myself at Louis Vuitton!!!! They removed it for copyright infringement!!!! I am so very upset. I would never sell anything that isn't authentic on ebay!!! What can we do to prevent this from happening - I don't even know what to do to fix the listing if I relist it!!! :rant::mad:

Thank you for listening! stephanie

There are eBay approved authenticators on this board:

http://forums.ebay.com/forum.jsp?forum=1000000009

If you can get one of them to side with you, you should be able to list your item without fear of removal.

I tried to list my LV wallet and couldn't .I have 100% feeddback and have had my account since 97. They told me I am not allowed to "ever" list LV items?? WTF??