Ebay watchers?

skislope15

O.G.
Aug 11, 2010
Anyone else noticing a really high number of "watchers" on eBay with no one actually bidding? I have one with 39 watchers and one with 16 and no bidders yet. Usually I understand people waiting to bid until the end of an auction but it just seems like there's a ton of window shopping with no buying going on right now

Yes. I guess it has to do with the economy too, people are looking to get things at really low prices. I find it very frustrating, but there isn't much you can do :shrugs:

There are buyers who actually want to see what things sell for..

They perhaps have the same item or they just want to know what kind of
prices people are selling/buying things for..

Its challenging to say the least...

Hi,

I may be able to offer some insight as a Ebay buyer. I just recently returned to Ebay after getting away from it for a few years. I was pleasantly surprised with the watch it feature. I put items on my watch list so that I don't forget them. Let's say I'm looking for a Burberry jacket, or something similar. I end up plowing through hundreds of listings. There will be a few that catch my attention, but I'm not ready to decide on one yet, so I put them on my watch list and then decide. Searching for handbags is even more overwhelming because I'm not locked into a designer and style name name. Instead, I'm searching black leather satchel, etc. So really it's a method of keeping track of things. I do the same thing on other online shopping sites, except I'll use the "cart" feature instead.

Never thought of waiting for an item not to sell to try to get it cheaper.

MizzEve said:
Hi,

I may be able to offer some insight as a Ebay buyer. I just recently returned to Ebay after getting away from it for a few years. I was pleasantly surprised with the watch it feature. I put items on my watch list so that I don't forget them. Let's say I'm looking for a Burberry jacket, or something similar. I end up plowing through hundreds of listings. There will be a few that catch my attention, but I'm not ready to decide on one yet, so I put them on my watch list and then decide. Searching for handbags is even more overwhelming because I'm not locked into a designer and style name name. Instead, I'm searching black leather satchel, etc. So really it's a method of keeping track of things. I do the same thing on other online shopping sites, except I'll use the "cart" feature instead.

Never thought of waiting for an item not to sell to try to get it cheaper.

This is me too!

I also use it as a way if having things aside till I can find something with similar measurements to compare it to.

Eh, last night looked through tonnes of jackets. Put 6 on my watch list. Had a bit of time this morning. Checked measurements with one of my jackets that was comparable in style. Deleted them all from my list now. Back to square 1.