eBay using really old email - any advice?

scrapsy

Nov 5, 2012
I sold an item which ended on Monday. The buyer has tried to pay me, but the PayPal email used in the invoice was one that hasn't been active in over 5 years. I've sold and bought countless items over this time successfully using my current email. I cannot see this old email anywhere in either the eBay or PayPal system and on contacting them, neither can they, tried messaging the buyer to ask him to use my current email, but he's not happy to do that for obvious reasons.

Does anyone have any ideas please, I'm really at a loss here?

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
East Coast, USA
I sold an item which ended on Monday. The buyer has tried to pay me, but the PayPal email used in the invoice was one that hasn't been active in over 5 years. I've sold and bought countless items over this time successfully using my current email. I cannot see this old email anywhere in either the eBay or PayPal system and on contacting them, neither can they, tried messaging the buyer to ask him to use my current email, but he's not happy to do that for obvious reasons.

Does anyone have any ideas please, I'm really at a loss here?
Send a paypal money request.

It'll walk you through the steps where you put in the ebay item number so the buyer will have protection.

scrapsy

Nov 5, 2012
I thought of that, and suggested it, but he was reluctant because of the ebay guarantee, if there is a way though, that would be really helpful, thanks.