Ebay user information...plz read

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it came from Ebay. Even when you request someone's contact info through Ebay they only give you the name, city, state and phone #. I just did this recently to get one of my buyer's phone#'s and I had to share my info with that person as well. The info I got and was sent to my buyer did not have my address on it.

I don't know why you are posting this again when your other thread was shut down.

I think that this is an issue that really matters to her and she wants feedback on it from others who are familiar with Ebay. Reposting it in a different way (not being accusatory, per se, but being inquisitive and wanting answers to her questions...I see no harm in that.

Additionally, I am curious, as I think we all should be. Ebay is a huge, monolithic company that has SO MUCH of our personal info and next to nothing in terms of customer service..those two facts leave me a little wary of Ebay as a whole. I have many questions I would like answers to but refrain from asking on Ebay because I dont want to cause any problems and I know that even if I did try to ask my question, I would have to search the labryinth that is Ebays website to find out who and what department I ought to contact

Ebay didn't give out ANY info. They found your info from theshadowboxgifts auctiva store, there is a button that says "contact me" and it had the name, address, phone # and email addy. Once the name is available, you are easily found on myspace.

The reason her ID was NARU'd is because she had a previous ID that was NARU, for whatever reason I do not know.

I read that whole thread, not once was a family photo, name, SS#, credit card # or address posted on that thread. Only pics of fake LV from her PB account.

Just thought I would shed some light on this subject for those that didn't get to read it.

The thread to which BagAddictedDiva refers was pulled so you can't see it. Shadowbox got extremely nasty and personally threatening on there, and several boardies have full copies of the thread.

Shadowbox was using at least three ID's on Ebay, and now ALL are NARU. This has nothing to do with feedback.

Her personal information was never put on the thread, but it was available for anyone to see by going to her auctiva auctions. Her Photobucket account was also easily viewable.

I'm also told shadowbox has already been banned on THIS forum, under the name Sofa_King.

Hope a moderator is reading now...since we haven't heard back from her, I'm guessing they already took care of the problem.

Hmm thanks for the heads up. Im kind of lost in the sea of drama in regard to theshadowbox, but I had wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt. The situation she described sounds horrible and I would be immensely pissed if someone gave out my info like that. BUT, seeing that it didnt happen...makes me look at it differently.

But why so vehemently declare over and over that the personal info was publicly posted? What gain is there from that?

I missed most of the thread to which this information came to light. It sounds like theshadowbox person posted her own personal information in her auctiva store. I don't really think that constitutes stealing personal information. I think it was simply pointed out to a few that were being attacked that the information was there for all the world to see. Am I wrong here?

I missed most of the thread to which this information came to light. It sounds like theshadowbox person posted her own personal information in her auctiva store. I don't really think that constitutes stealing personal information. I think it was simply pointed out to a few that were being attacked that the information was there for all the world to see. Am I wrong here?

You are absolutely correct :wlae:

I think that this is an issue that really matters to her and she wants feedback on it from others who are familiar with Ebay. Reposting it in a different way (not being accusatory, per se, but being inquisitive and wanting answers to her questions...I see no harm in that.

No offense, but she was posting on another thread that was shut down because she was threatening people. Then she was randomly posting on threads that had nothing to do with her "supposed" issue, which is why people are a little "bothered".

It did bother me to post a topic asking for help on a situation I am starting to get kinda anxious about and her go wayyyyyy off topic w/ this rant on my topic. Now, people are not responding to my intial question, but her rant.

shadow box got busted for selling Coach purses and shoes on ebay that were listed in the title as NEW that were pre-owned but she claimed that she *newly refurbished* them. She thought that was not KWS and that everyone did it. She got nasty with a whole bunch of people and threatened some things. She got herself kicked off and she is not being up front here either about what really happened. Oh well....

Status
Not open for further replies.