EBay UK(?) P&P limit for clothing...

Expat

Carole
Jun 25, 2008
Get your closets cleared NOW! :P

C&Ped from the UK site:

Reminder to sellers in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories categories:From 29 March 2010, a maximum limit for postage & packaging charges (P&P) will apply to new listings at £4 for clothing and £6 for shoes.
The maximum limit applies to the first postage option for all sellers listing in the Clothing Shoes & Accessories categories of eBay.co.uk.
Full details of this change are here: http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/april2010/postage-limits.html

l found this thread, and wondered if any one from the UK had found away around this.
Just to send any bag over £36 has got to go Special Delivery.
That is as least £5 before you start with weight/ins etc.
Any ideas would be great...Thanks :P

There is no way round it I'm afraid - my last few listings have had £4 postage within the UK even when I have sent them special delivery :sad:
You just have to make it up in the actual cost of your item....blinking stupid.

There is no way round it I'm afraid - my last few listings have had £4 postage within the UK even when I have sent them special delivery :sad:
You just have to make it up in the actual cost of your item....blinking stupid.
Thanks for that, its a joke......My last 2 sales l have lost money, and then pay pal charge you on postage.
But l suppose its still better than consignement;)

It's ridiculous, they did the same thing with DVD's/CDs/Games a while back, you had to give free shipping which sucked ! Then they removed the policy, must have had a load of complaints ! I assume the same will happen with this sooner or later....

It's ridiculous, they did the same thing with DVD's/CDs/Games a while back, you had to give free shipping which sucked ! Then they removed the policy, must have had a load of complaints ! I assume the same will happen with this sooner or later....
Yes, a joke, but not funny!!!!!
So how does it work if you want a bag, the postage is £4, but the say you have to pay £8 is you want Special, and they will not accept any loss's that might occur if bag goes missing!!!!
Who would be in the wrong?????
Thanks;)

ugh i had the same issue when i wanted to list a pair of sunglasses being shipped as special delivery - the maximum postage is £4 :noggin: i ended up just writing in the listing that buyers wishing to use special delivery should manually amend the amount but i wouldn't trust people to always do it.