eBay uk help needed please :-)

Faithful

Its still me...
O.G.
Mar 4, 2006
Hi

I brought some earrings off eBay which were stated as new. There was also the box included in the picture with them however it did not state it was included in the auction but given they were in the picture I assumes they were.

I received them and they were so scratched. They were a ball type earring so very clearly visible. The photos were a bit blurry but as the description said they were new I presumed it was poor photography skills!

Well I contacted the Seller and was very polite. The seller maintained they were still new but may have got a 'few scratches' from being in her jewellery box.

She agreed to a refund - in my email I confirmed I wanted postage refunding. She didn't respond to this.

However today when I said I have posted them she said she will refund without postage, to clarify I am prepared to eat the cost of postage returning the item to her but want my original postage cost refunded.

My problem is, I did not take any pictures of the scratches as I believed that it was going to a simple full refund.

My qu is where do I stand with the postage issue?

This is the Sellers response. Am I entitled to refund of original postage?

If you want open a case over then that is up to u, my kitchen work top is in picture but should i state that im not sending that to??? Sorry but I think you could have asked any questions thats not in discription so its vice verser,I disagree about massive scratches,as the studs are only 4mm diameter they can be buffed out with cloth, at jewellers but as you are unhappy I've agreed to refund you, again to be helpful

Any help please?

She's admitted they are not in perfect condition - she could have listed them as new with defects. You are entitled to a refund of postage. Call eBay.

Thanks for responding. My worry is that I have no proof of the defect because I stupidly didn't take pictures, thinking she would make a full refund

Thanks for responding. My worry is that I have no proof of the defect because I stupidly didn't take pictures, thinking she would make a full refund

I don't think you need it though - she has admitted in writing that they may be scratched and that should be enough. Good luck ;)