eBay to Make Returns Button More Prominent?

Nikki_

O.G.
May 8, 2012
Mon Sept 22 2014 20:40:02

Some users believe eBay is going too far with its Money Back Guarantee policy and its requirements that sellers offer generous policies, such as returns. The latter issue is particularly sensitive, and eBay has told sellers it will opt all sellers into its managed returns program (Hassle Free Returns) next year - not to mention the controversial Extended Holiday Returns policy.

A seller spotted a change on his buying account that indicates eBay could be making a change that would make the ability to request a return more prominent.

"OMG is eBay insane?? I just logged into my Buy Account and there's a huge blue button next to every purchase that says Return this Item. Instead of the usual feedback button and drop-down menu underneath."

The seller continued, "I mean it's BIG and it's BLUE and it's one of those things that says, "Click Me" as though you'll win a prize or something if you click it. What is this company THINKING???? Do they not realize this is a selling site? This is HORRIBLE marketing psychology, telling buyers to return when they didn't explicitly ask for return information. If eBay had anything between their ears, they would leave it alone or put a button that says this: BUY MORE."

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/comments/2014/9/1411432802.html/3/40

Oh yeah, I see it now on mine too. That is terrible. Why not only offer that button when the buyer either tries to contact the seller or starts to leave bad feedback? I see it on every purchase I've made in the last 2 months.

I'm worried this means that my 2 week return policy means nothing. I've been holding my breath for two weeks after every sale is delivered, and then breathing a huge sigh of relief once that period is past. Now even when the buyers were happy with the item they purchased, they can change their mind and return it.

I clicked on one to see what would happen and I got this message:
"Please contact the seller directly to return this item or see whether you qualify for eBay Money Back Guarantee." I hope this means that ebay isn't making it any easier for buyers to return items if the seller's return policy doesn't allow it.

wow... everyday something new.. great, now they can create commercial for ebay, something like: "Buy your chanel bag, use it for couple of month and return it ,so you can buy different color! And then do it again! Save money! Own 6 bags in a year without spending one dollar!" . Who still want to sell with them anything valuable?

I saw it last night. I am getting out soon. I am off next week and plan on listing whatever else I want to sell and try to be done by mid November. I am worn out with their stuff. I sell used bags and very carefully describe them. I usually have no problems but the used clothing sellers are going crazy over eBay changes.

Where are you seeing that button? I just checked my purchases on 2 different IDs and I'm not seeing it.

This is what my purchases are showing:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 8.24.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 8.24.42 PM.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 236
where are you seeing that button? I just checked my purchases on 2 different ids and i'm not seeing it.

This is what my purchases are showing:

While viewing my purchase history, I'm seeing it next to each purchase made, even those made a little shy of 60 days ago, regardless if the sellers offered a return policy or not.

Capture.JPG

Maybe they are testing it on just some people? What I see looks exactly like Nikki_ posted.

It gets stranger. What I posted above is on one account that I purchased.

And on another account on which I made a recent purchase, I am seeing this. (I wonder if it makes a difference that I've already left positive feedback for this one.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 9.37.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 9.37.43 PM.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 228

And on another account on which I made a recent purchase, I am seeing this. (I wonder if it makes a difference that I've already left positive feedback for this one.)

Mine still show this after I've left FB.

Capture.JPG

What's sort of crazy is the fact that according to this, I can still return items purchased from sellers who offer 14/30 day returns. (Even though the time-frame has lapsed)

What you are seeing on both of your accounts are what my page used to look like. I'm not sure when it changed. My most recent purchase was over a week ago and I haven't looked at since then, until today. On the one item I haven't left feedback on, it has the return button first, then the smaller "leave feedback" under that. On the items I have left feedback for, it has the return button first, then in smaller print "View order details". Both have the "more actions" under that. The "Return this item" button is big and bright and impossible to miss.

The "leave feedback" button is what you see if the seller doesn't offer returns; if the seller does offer them, the "return item" button is show instead.
not true for me. I'm seeing the return button for every purchase I have made in the last two months, and some of the sellers don't take returns. Besides that, none of them offer 60 day returns, and I'm beyond the 2 week window. If I click the button, it tells me to contact the seller, regardless if the seller allows returns. It doesn't initiate a return.

I am seeing the blue button on my previous purchased (ones that have shipped and I've left fb for).

I have one multiple-item purchased that hasn't even shipped yet and even that has blue links that say "Return this item".

Attachments

• ReturnThisItemLink.png
    ReturnThisItemLink.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 195