Ebay Stresses me out BUYERS REMORSE... Help!?

I agree that the listing is lacking in the description. The listing text is literally 2 sentences. Take them back, and give a more detailed description. Your description of the item needs to clarify that the sizing on the shoe is UK sizing, and as IrisCole says, include a screenshot of the Tod's conversion chart. Provide a further sentence describing the conversion of UK size 9.5 to US 10.5.

If you take them back buyer pays for shipping both ways. It is her fault she didn't do her homework and know what sizes Tod's use.
This is incorrect.

The seller doesn't have a return policy nor any statement on who pays initial shipping in the event of a return, however, as pointed out, although the buyer isn't complaining about the "new vs. pre-owned" contradiction in the listing, the shoes are legitimately SNAD and the buyer can win a dispute based on that. And in filing SNAD, buyer will get her original shipping reimbursed too.

That said, the seller also wasn't clear about the sizing of the shoes. They're marked 9.5 which according to the OP is in EU sizing but the shoes themselves don't indicate that it's EU sizing. Yet the listing states that they are US 10.5 -- something that is nowhere marked on the shoes!!

In a case like this, if I were the seller, I'd apologize to the buyer for the confusion and pay for return shipping. Had the listing been clearer, the buyer may not have purchased or she may have bought and understood what size the shoes were. My humble opinion is that the reason for return is seller error and the buyer shouldn't be out money.

ETA: By "seller error," I don't mean that the seller's description was wrong; just that it wasn't clear or complete. And the seller should have been crystal clear so buyers would know what they're getting, what to expect and how it's labeled.

The seller also states at the bottom of her listing:

Any questions? Ask!

Why didn't the buyer ask for clarity on the sizes?? Did the buyer just assume
the size would be correct? The listing could have been clearer, but the
buyer should also know what they are purchasing..

Is the seller responsible for that, too?

The seller also states at the bottom of her listing:

Any questions? Ask!

Why didn't the buyer ask for clarity on the sizes?? Did the buyer just assume
the size would be correct? The listing could have been clearer, but the
buyer should also know what they are purchasing..

Is the seller responsible for that, too?

No. The buyer needs to be aware of what they're buying - it's their responsibility to read the listing and know their sizing of whatever they're purchasing.

However, the OP listed the shoes as US 10.5 in the Item Description box. The shoes are not a 10.5 (that's an approximation). Tod's shoes use EU sizing, and eBay gives you the ability to enter this in. The actual size on the shoe is more important.

No one is saying that the OP's listing was wrong per say, just that it was unclear enough that there could be a legitimate misunderstanding about what was being sent.

No. The buyer needs to be aware of what they're buying - it's their responsibility to read the listing and know their sizing of whatever they're purchasing.

However, the OP listed the shoes as US 10.5 in the Item Description box. The shoes are not a 10.5 (that's an approximation). Tod's shoes use EU sizing, and eBay gives you the ability to enter this in. The actual size on the shoe is more important.

No one is saying that the OP's listing was wrong per say, just that it was unclear enough that there could be a legitimate misunderstanding about what was being sent.

Ebay only lets you put the size in US sizes on the description box, what was I supposed to do? Leave it blank?

It is also not an approximate, Tod's has a chart where they showcase the sizes and it's very clear.

Ebay only lets you put the size in US sizes on the description box, what was I supposed to do? Leave it blank?

It is also not an approximate, Tod's has a chart where they showcase the sizes and it's very clear.

The point other posters are trying to make, and with whom I agree, is that it would have been much clearer in the item description if you as the seller had included the Tod's chart with the size conversions vs. expecting prospective buyers to seek this information out on their own - where? On the Tod's website?

If you want to make a sale, it's wise to provide the pertinent information in your listing next time.

GL!

The point other posters are trying to make, and with whom I agree, is that it would have been much clearer in the item description if you as the seller had included the Tod's chart with the size conversions vs. expecting prospective buyers to seek this information out on their own - where? On the Tod's website?

If you want to make a sale, it's wise to provide the pertinent information in your listing next time.

GL!

Not precisely. Tods are expensive shoes so if you know about them you are probably familiar with how they run. Or have done some research about them. And although I can understand the point that you guys are trying to make, no one has acknowledged the fact that she is mad because she received a 9.5UK, when she was expecting a 10.5US. Which is the same thing. She has no reason to be upset because they received exactly what they asked for. Its not like she expected a 10.5 US and got a completely different size.

Not precisely. Tods are expensive shoes so if you know about them you are probably familiar with how they run. Or have done some research about them. And although I can understand the point that you guys are trying to make, no one has acknowledged the fact that she is mad because she received a 9.5UK, when she was expecting a 10.5US. Which is the same thing. She has no reason to be upset because they received exactly what they asked for. Its not like she expected a 10.5 US and got a completely different size.

We can agree to disagree. I believe the burden is on the seller to clearly provide pertinent information in the listing in order to eliminate any confusion by prospective buyers, and thus greatly reducing or eliminating the chance for SNAD cases or requests for returns post-sale.

Since you disagree, keep doing what you're doing and good luck then.

We can agree to disagree then. I believe the burden is on the seller to clearly provide pertinent information in order to eliminate confusion by a buyer, and thus eliminate the chance for a SNAD case post-sale.

Since you disagree, keep doing what you're doing and good luck then.

But tell me, how is receiving a shoe marked 9.5UK, advertised on the listing as 9.5UK, can be considered as not as described?

OP, I completely agree with you. I think you put the proper sizing in the listing title and I don't understand the buyer's complaint. Who cares if the shoes were marked 47482737; the question is, do the shoes fit? If the size she needed was 10.5US then the shoes should fit and there should be no issue here. I do agree with the others that the product description could have been more verbose and that you should not have called them "New" but the whole sizing argument is silly to me. Good luck!

Shoe sizing and conversion is an inexact science at best. The listing did not specify that the shoes were marked 9.5. It is understandable that the buyer was expecting a pair of shoes marked 10.5.

I would take the shoes back and when you relist provide more information about the sizing in the description. Specify the size that is marked on the box with a photo, perhaps attach a Tod's conversion chart to the listing and provide the measurements of the shoes.

From the listing:
Item specifics: Condition: New with box: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item (including handmade items) in the original packaging
Your own description: Got them as a gift and wore them once before realizing they are half a size too big for me!

Without even taking the size controversy into account, ^^^^^ the above is a legitimate case that the buyer has to file and win a SNAD dispute.

As seen in ebay's very specific description of what "new" means, the fact that you wore them makes the shoes "pre-owned."

I sell and have sold a lot of shoes and I always include pictures of the markings from the soles, the inside of the shoes and the box so there is no question in the buyer's mind what they are buying and how the shoes are labeled and sized.

Take them back and apologize to the buyer for the confusion. When you relist, sell them honestly as pre-owned and include pictures showing all markings, sizing, labeling, etc. and include a picture of the sizing on the box.

As an extra suggestion, also describe that the shoes are sized in EU sizing and marked as 9.5 and that it usually converts to US 10.5.

In this case, I think your buyer has a legitimate case since your description and lack of pictures showing sizing weren't clear as to EU or US.

Although we expect buyers to know what they're getting, I don't think it's unreasonable for a buyer to be shocked after buying shoes described as 10.5 and receiving shoes marked as 9.5.

I'm not familiar with Tod's shoes and wouldn't know how they're sized. If the markings on the shoes don't show as "EU 9.5," how do I know they're really US 10.5?

(As an example, I'm familiar with Uggs and when I sell them, I show pictures of the size tag and box sizing. On Uggs, their labels and boxes clearly show US, EU, Japan, and UK sizing so a buyer knows exactly how the Uggs size conversion goes.)

But if there's nothing to indicate the sizing, a buyer may not know that it's EU. You need to spell out that they "labeled as 9.5 which is European sizing. That converts to 10.5 in US sizing."

Had you done that, I don't think the buyer would have been as confused.

+1! OP, although I know that you're only trying to be helpful in converting the sizing for potential buyers, it is really the buyer's responsibility to know their own sizing in the brand and style they're looking for.

As IrisCole said, when you relist, only list the actual size that's on the shoe itself in the item specifics and description. Only if a potential buyer sends you a message asking about fit, would you ever give your own personal honest opinion on sizing (and even then, with a disclaimer that it's only your personal opinion and they ought to try on the shoes at a store first, if they feel unsure about sizing). :smile:

This is incorrect.

The seller doesn't have a return policy nor any statement on who pays initial shipping in the event of a return, however, as pointed out, although the buyer isn't complaining about the "new vs. pre-owned" contradiction in the listing, the shoes are legitimately SNAD and the buyer can win a dispute based on that. And in filing SNAD, buyer will get her original shipping reimbursed too.

That said, the seller also wasn't clear about the sizing of the shoes. They're marked 9.5 which according to the OP is in EU sizing but the shoes themselves don't indicate that it's EU sizing. Yet the listing states that they are US 10.5 -- something that is nowhere marked on the shoes!!

In a case like this, if I were the seller, I'd apologize to the buyer for the confusion and pay for return shipping. Had the listing been clearer, the buyer may not have purchased or she may have bought and understood what size the shoes were. My humble opinion is that the reason for return is seller error and the buyer shouldn't be out money.

ETA: By "seller error," I don't mean that the seller's description was wrong; just that it wasn't clear or complete. And the seller should have been crystal clear so buyers would know what they're getting, what to expect and how it's labeled.

tzar said:
But tell me, how is receiving a shoe marked 9.5UK, advertised on the listing as 9.5UK, can be considered as not as described?

Your listing was not clear, as many other posters have mention too.

The buyer seemed to have expected the sizing on the shoe to be 10.5, not 9.5, because 10.5 was listed in the filled-in description box. Perhaps the buyer does not know how to convert various country sizing. Perhaps your buyer doesn't know anything about Tod's shoes, what matters to your buyer is that 9.5 is printed on the shoes and she did not expect this.

You can certinaly turn yourself blue in the face insisting to all of us NOW that a 9.5 UK sizing is approximate to 10.5 US sizing, the buyer sees only 9.5 on the shoes themselves and is unhappy and wants to return them.

Don't know your tolerance for fighting this, or if it's just easier to accept the return and relist them. They are beautiful shoes and you should not have any difficulties selling them to someone else. Just take this as a learning that not every buyer is educated in the various sizing differences between countries and among certain brands, or will go out of their way to educate themselves. They see what they want to see, so your best bet is to be extremely clear in your listing.

GL!

In the size box you can type in EU ___ or UK ___ and it will save that size; you're not limited to the drop-down choices.

In the size box you can type in EU ___ or UK ___ and it will save that size; you're not limited to the drop-down choices.
True, but then your item will be excluded from searches for the appropriate size. If Tod's says that the shoes are a 10.5 US you should be able to put that in the size field. It would be helpful, however, if the discrepancy between the marked size and US size was explained in the description.

True, but then your item will be excluded from searches for the appropriate size. If Tod's says that the shoes are a 10.5 US you should be able to put that in the size field. It would be helpful, however, if the discrepancy between the marked size and US size was explained in the description.

I usually type in the size that is on the shoe in that box. If it says 39.5, that is what I type. EU to US size conversions vary. So, I usually say that EU cannot always be accurately compared to US sizes and that the buyer should know their size in the particular designer before purchasing online.
When I used to try to use the conversion in the listing, I had issues. Like, if the shoes is marked 37.5 and I stated that US size is 7, I had buyer complain that 37.5 is not a 7, but 7.5. When I said it was 7.5, then I had a buyer say that it was a 7. It was just getting to be too much.