Ebay Software Glitches

Pinky T

Apr 1, 2014
Hi,

I've recently been selling on Ebay and they have a lot of software glitches. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but sometimes when I put in an auction start price when I'm also going to add a Buy It Now, Ebay software flips out and puts in different numbers.

About a month ago I was selling some Coach shoes and didn't realize that when I put $49 in for the Buy It Now the software changed it to .99 so I ended up having to sell my shoes for .99!

I got so frustrated today that I ended almost all my listings on Ebay. Has anyone else who sells on Ebay had this issue?

I've also started listing some things on Bonanza but I've been reading about how things just sit there for a long time. Is this the general consensus?

Hi,

I've recently been selling on Ebay and they have a lot of software glitches. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but sometimes when I put in an auction start price when I'm also going to add a Buy It Now, Ebay software flips out and puts in different numbers.

About a month ago I was selling some Coach shoes and didn't realize that when I put $49 in for the Buy It Now the software changed it to .99 so I ended up having to sell my shoes for .99!

I got so frustrated today that I ended almost all my listings on Ebay. Has anyone else who sells on Ebay had this issue?

I've also started listing some things on Bonanza but I've been reading about how things just sit there for a long time. Is this the general consensus?

Are you listing things from your phone or from your computer?

From my computer. I've never listed on my phone as of yet.

I'd contact eBay about it - they might be able to tell you if it's an issue on their end, if it's a browser issue, or something else.

The cynic in me thinks it may not be an actual problem, so much as eBay "encouraging" people to have $0.99 starting bids.

Hi,

I would have canceled the transaction and contacted Ebay. No reason for you to sell your shoes for .99 cents when it was an ebay mistake.

yeah the form likes to reload every time you change something and sometimes if you edit something else before that, it doesn't edit the thing you changed in between or add/subtracts things. always have to double check before submitting.

Hi,

I've had this happen a few times, too - and I'm working from my computer, as well.

Yes. You can sell things faster if you opt-in to paid advertising there but you should optimize your listings for search engines before you start paying.

I called Ebay and apparently it's Chrome causing the issues. I had another issue where I wanted to set a reserve price but when I clicked the add options the pop up window just kept spooling and spooling and not giving me the check box options.

I cleared my Chrome cache and it still kept happening.

I had to start using Firefox for Ebay this afternoon and I've had no problems since.

I would have canceled the transaction and contacted Ebay. No reason for you to sell your shoes for .99 cents when it was an ebay mistake.

I hated the shoes...lol...and the buyer was so darn excited to get them for a buck that I didn't have the heart to cancel the transaction. I put myself in her place for a minute and I thought, I'll just let her have them for .99. :smile: